CrazyDevy Replacement Part for CDMW-11 Being Teased on Their Site!

Reluttr

5101556528_76473e1a04.jpg

As we all know, there was quite a few problems with Crazy Devy's second Predaking upgrade set in the sense that it would damage the wings on your Divebomb figure.

At the time Crazy Devy stated they would be issuing out parts to correct this problem, and now they are teasing the very parts on their website. Hopefully these mystery parts will not only protect the undamaged vintage figures just waiting for this upgrade, but respectively replace the already damaged wings on the unfortunate people to get the first wave of the Kings Power Part Wings set.

Source:http://www.crazydevy.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

"Heres a teaser for our next product: an accessory for an accessory so that it wont damage your expensive vintage figure."

^Thats what I read outta that. Thats like selling a car to a guy, then hitting him with it and then selling him a wheelchair.

I wish CrazyDevy would go away. I can't see myself buying any of their add-on parts. Everything they make costs too much and the sum total of add-on parts for G1 Devastator costs as much as Devastator itself. I'd rather spend the money on that Masterpiece Devastator that we saw a preview of a few months ago.

:agree

I appreciate what these guys are doing but why gouge the hell outta my wallet. I won't support these guys at all.

What does blow is that i really like those wings but now i've noticed the price of these has gone up by ten dollars too.

I suppose that's to help pay for those "complimentary" parts they're offering.

Screw these guys.

I wish CrazyDevy would go away. I can't see myself buying any of their add-on parts. Everything they make costs too much and the sum total of add-on parts for G1 Devastator costs as much as Devastator itself. I'd rather spend the money on that Masterpiece Devastator that we saw a preview of a few months ago.

Alright for you yanks who get things cheap, imagine what paying 2 times the original price PLUS an import markup does? I mean say a Twenty Dollar Transformer in the us. In The UK costs say Fourty Five Dollar, or £22.99. Now imagine a freaking Japanese/FANMAKE costing Fourty Dollars, add in the Import price and you have Ninety Five Dollars.. Seriously you guys dont know what SCREWED means.. Now imagine the Import delivery costs of these things! Thirty Five Dollars Shipping for a freaking deluxe? How much do you reckon say Japanese Animated Rodimus costs from BBTS or even cheaper?

What makes it worse is that Hasbro themselves just change the $ for a £ which in effect means that for all the price of a UK toy store importing things to the UK we have to pay TWICE AT LEAST for what you guys would pay..

Now if it comes down to things like Crazy Devy or hell any JP orders we pay over twice the rate a local would pay, AND almost the same in shipping.. Oh and the freaking 2 week wait if we dont pay for the Four Times the price "EXPRESS" shipping which would be here in about four days..

:agree

I appreciate what these guys are doing but why gouge the hell outta my wallet. I won't support these guys at all.

What does blow is that i really like those wings but now i've noticed the price of these has gone up by ten dollars too.

I suppose that's to help pay for those "complimentary" parts they're offering.

Screw these guys.

:rofl I wish that Hasbro UK would give out Complimentary Minicons.. Even if they were just the Space team..

Just because you think CrazyDevy's products are overpriced, doesn't mean other people won't want to buy them. If you don't like them, do what monster said and don't support them. Hoping them to go away because you're not buying them doesn't make much sense.

To an extent, I agree on the pricing. However, there is no way of really evaluating the actual cost to make the product versus shipping versus profit. What I mean to say is that MOST 3rd Party prices are high. Are CrazyDevy's prices too high? I would say yes as their prices match other 3rd Parties but they only offer one upgrade part at a time. If they really wanted to sell these the wings would be included with the helmet and any other custom parts they make for this figure as a set and sold for around the same price that they are selling now. However, people ARE buying these. And so long as you can sell them at those prices that is business. Are they burning some of their potential consumers? Yes. But if they offered a product in the future that you wanted would you not buy it because of those feelings? No. I agree with most about this particular 3rd Party, therefore I don't own ANY of their products. But that is only because they haven't really made anything that has caught my interest. While I would like to get these wings and the other parts for Predaking, I don't have the new release yet and it might be awhile before I can get him :(. Having said that, talking about over-pricing, Predaking $180, not including shipping!?!?!?!! That's almost four times the '80s pricing!! For that cost I would hope that most of the parts are die-cast. At least the wings that CrazyDevy is putting out are 14K gold plated, not that this makes them any more valuable to me as a collector, lol.

BTW to give credit to CrazyDevy where credit is due, the upgrades they make are mainly for G1 figures, with the few movie exceptions. In this capacity they do provide a ton of G1 fans with custom goodness. My G1 collection is limited at best and that is the only reason that I don't show them much love. Where the 3rd Parties are few, CrazyDevy really is the king of this specialized area of transformers. My fav, FansProject, is where my money normally goes as my collection is based mainly on the Classics series and those of the same make, which is of course, where FP, shines.

Just because you think CrazyDevy's products are overpriced, doesn't mean other people won't want to buy them. If you don't like them, do what monster said and don't support them. Hoping them to go away because you're not buying them doesn't make much sense.

:rofl

Jeez, it's not like I think about it all the time. CrazyDevy doesn't make much sense. With all of the effort they put into their Devastator parts, they might as well have made a whole new G1 Devastator by now. You can put new thighs and hands on Devasator, but it's still comprised of the same old Constructicons. If I'm going to pay a lot to have a nicer looking Devastator, I'd rather have whole new set of Constructicons too.

Archived