RF-003 Blaster blast pack

robo_rob

Renderform has posted new images of their Universe Blaster upgrade set, which makes Blaster look more like the Blaster we know and not like a version of Cybertron Soundwave you'd find in a flea market.

Click here

All over their site is Blasters heads, I think that's in works too.

Y'know, if third party creators keep doing this I may just have to start buying LOTS of repaints! LOL! That head is very cool.

I think that this will be a tough sell, depending on price. If they are trying to go the way of selling the kit for $30 like the Hard Head Headmaster kit then I'd say it's a no-go. HOWEVER, If they redid one of the cans to be Eject or Rewind instead of Laserbeak they might be in business!! That said, there would be nothing stopping them from doing a Ravage, Frenzy, Rumble, etc... The mold for this figure has three holding areas if you omitt the guns, for three can/cassette figures... THAT would be worth some extra change.:P

Head looks OK in toon/toy colors (in other pics), never liked the all red and yellow comic colors shown there.

What I want is their Skyjack custom head. Preferably with black and yellow guns.

Emerje

So this is an upgrade set that is sold separately from the figure itself right? I dunno, I thought that the Cybertron Soundwave was pretty sharp but I just can't see a Blaster in this mold, it's just too feminine. Blaster was a lot chunkier than Soundwave. Plus: Buying repaints one by one and putting them in storage I can talk myself into as a collector, but displaying them all makes them look like garbage...Four Classics Strarscream molds side by side along with three Ramjet molds(really only varied by head and color from the Starscream mold) makes me a little sick that I"ve spent that much on the same mold...As jets you would think that the difference in wing shape would help to distinguish but surprisingly very little. And I am aware that the seekers have a looooooong tradition of being septuplets, Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge with the occasional plug-in for other seekers (IE Sunstorm and Acidstorm). LOL not that they did that here.. I'm just not a fan of the portion of the Universe line that is all repaints from various series... The designs just don't make sense!! I mean, who had the notion,"Hey, I've got an idea...Let's take characters we've already produced, reverse their faction, reverse the name (if two parts), and re-release them to make more money off of an already used mold. And the beauty of it is that since we use the title 'Universe' we don't even need to dream up an explanation!!"

And don't get me wrong, I adore most of the figures (and own most) that have come from the ill-conceived Universe-Classics-Henkei-Generations-United line. It is just very evident that they don't have a 'game-plan' at all. It's like a designers' free-for-all. Justify this: we get an original Ultra-sized Powerglide and a deluxe-sized Galvatron. Which should have been deluxe and which should have been ultra? And don't even get me started on how quick they were to repaint these! "Hey we are looking a little unbalanced there as we've mostly only released Autobots," "Ah, no problem, just repaint some of the Autobots and name them after characters that could "potentially" take that form." Sure, let's use Drap Strip for a Mirage repaint as he's a racecar too...Nevermind that he's a Stunticon and could potentially be made into his own better self down the road, eh, we'll sell more if we do that anyway, right? Oh, yeah, how about a dinosaur character for Grimlock's repaint....Hmmmm...well I guess it's either Trypticon or Overbite..Nevermind that one was a WHOLE city or that one was a Cassette... surely we could explain either away in a bio.... And most are JUST repaints... No new molded parts!! If we are lucky we get a new head or a new wing mold. And now a third party is trying to capitalize on a repaint improvement...no thanks. Especially if you aren't bringing anything big to the table. :fire

Archived