Naming My Offspring and Other Things You Should Never Let An Online Forum Do

Jason X

I say do like the indians.. and wait until he's born.. and name him the first thing you see...

... "dog pissing on tree"...

That's much more meaningful and naturalistic.

Ahh.. i think things like Megatron.. are silly. But even for a girl.. MEGAN.. as a similiar name... is beautiful and not everyone has to know why you picked a name. There is no burdon being carried on a child for such things if done in reason. I'm not a fan of the character at all - but as far as inconspicuous names go that NON-TF fans wouldn't pick up on -- KUP is not a bad one.

You can also make such a name a 'middle' name.. or even a 'nick name'...

You have JACK... very common.. but could be inspired from WHEELJACK

Raije (pronounced like mirage w/o the mi - but spelled diff) or something like that... inspired from MIRAGE

Fen or Fin ... inspired by Frenzy...

CAM is a good boys name... inspired by CAMSHAFT..

These are good suggestions. I like it! :thumb

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really opens things up when you go from "Transformers names" to "Transformers-inspired names".

Can't say I've got people asking to name kids, but since I'm a cattle farmer, I've got one request from the guys at CDX to give a robot name to one of our next calves. Waiting for a good opportunity, but one's on the way or rather TWO are. We've got a cow who looks like she's going to have twins, and due to the genetics, both will end up being sterile whether they're male/male or female/female or male/female, I figured the best names for them would be Skids and Mudflap. The two being essentially useless in longterm plans but quick for a spring/fall sale. Catch the joke?

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Usually just see what's going on. But felt I needed to add to this run since Jason X is my brother. My suggestion which isn't as good as a couple I've seen is Sky Fire Last name. I've always heard the whole your name is your destiny, and if we are gunning for names I'd want to see my niece aim for nothing but the sky. Also in response to the Dash name, I like it but reminds me of Dash Rendar from heir to the Empire, which is awesome.

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Usually just see what's going on. But felt I needed to add to this run since Jason X is my brother. My suggestion which isn't as good as a couple I've seen is Sky Fire Last name. I've always heard the whole your name is your destiny, and if we are gunning for names I'd want to see my niece aim for nothing but the sky. Also in response to the Dash name, I like it but reminds me of Dash Rendar from heir to the Empire, which is awesome.

Sure, he's all reasonable on the forums but get a couple beer in him and he's all "Starscream is the ONLY name for a child! STARSCREAM!!!"

Dude loves his Starscream....

Sure, he's all reasonable on the forums but get a couple beer in him and he's all "Starscream is the ONLY name for a child! STARSCREAM!!!"

that was my suggestion for a girl, now in my humble opinion if you have a boy I think it should be something under the radar like Star scream last name. He can always yell retreat, hell I think I should teach him that after he decides you can't speak and he is head of the house.

that was my suggestion for a girl, now in my humble opinion if you have a boy I think it should be something under the radar like Star scream last name. He can always yell retreat, hell I think I should teach him that after he decides you can't speak and he is head of the house.

listen to your brother... i actually like the idea. Star Scream "insert last name here".

i'm gonna name my mastiv megatron or devastator

ooo... about Deva Stator "insert last name here".

i have a uncommon name... well now more common due to brad pitt movie which will remain nameless. anyway growing up with less common name has it's annoyances but now it's better since no one really has my name... except for punks under 15 that their mom's named them due to that nameless movie. i have yet to meet anyone my age with my name except for my friend neiphew who's 17 years younger and a three year old my friend named after me... she will deny that but everyone knows.

just be careful what you choose.

Megatron is a bit played out already I think. Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions has the nickname "Megatron" cause he's a beast. (Im totally serious). I wonder if anyone would go, "Oh! You named your kid after the NFL receiver!"?

I guess ultimately I'm going for something unique and cool that won't inspire ridicule. I can't fling a dead cat without hitting at least one other Jason. At that point (especially in places like school) you become more defined by your last name and I happened to move to an area where the existing Martins I'm unrelated to have a less-than-savory reputation. There's actually another Jason Martin one town over with an extensive criminal record I've been mistaken for on more than one occasion. I have to go to middle names at that point and tell people "He's Jason B., I'm Jason C. Never been to jail, thank you."

It's kind of a pain....

Archived