Takara Cliffjumper - War for Cybertron Red Bumblebee with New Head

BaCon

Thanks to the GhenZhao who's posted a bunch of images of they have stated is the Takara Tomy edition of Cliffjumper action figure from the War for Cybertron that will offered as part of the Transformers United line in Japan. Get a look at the WFC Bumblebee mold repainted red with a new remolded head in robot and alternate modes. Read the Full News Story Here

Hey!! Does that mean that we aren't getting him in the States?

Glad I preordered mine, but I'm not sure about the see through windows. They don't need drivers, so what do they need windows for? :tfhuh

Presumably, the clear windows are part of an optical sensor array which allows CJ and BB to be aware of their surroundings 360 degrees at all times. Does that help? They obviously aren't designed for a driver! (too small)

Glad I preordered mine, but I'm not sure about the see through windows. They don't need drivers, so what do they need windows for? :tfhuh

Presumably, the clear windows are part of an optical sensor array which allows CJ and BB to be aware of their surroundings 360 degrees at all times. Does that help? They obviously aren't designed for a driver! (too small)

More than likely it was to cut corners with production costs... Basically, when mixing plastic they have to use a standard amount with all colors. So after mixing up this large vat of clear plastic, a large portion of it would otherwise be wasted if they just used it specifically for the hubcaps, swords, and headlights.

So they just went ahead and used it on the doors and roof to in order to minimize material waste. Because production wise, its cheaper to use one color of plastic and just paint the necessary parts. Which is what they did, all of the clear parts on this figure are more than likely crystal clear, but then they are coated with tinted paint to achieve the target color and effect. This is why when you buy and assemble a cheaper model kit *especially candy toys like kabaya or minipla*, you discover that the parts usually consist of 1 to 3 colors, this is why they are so cheap *in japan*. Its also why bandai's master and perfect grade kits cost so much.

If this does come to the US then he'll make for a cheap alternative to the Fans Project Classics Cliffjumper upgrade kit. That's about the only reason I'd get it.

I agree. I would like to have the FP upgrade kit but it was soo expensive and the content wasn't nearly worth the price. But I do wonder if this new CJ head could fit on the Classics CJ...lolicon[1].gif

Just to point out to everyone thinking a head swap is likely with WFC/classics CJ, I'm not so certain it'll be that easy. If you take a look at classics Bumblebee's head and compare it with WFC Bumblebee, Classics BB's head is a lot smaller and just fits into his vehicle mode when transforming. So chances are that CJ's head will be too big for classics CJ too

Archived