Unofficial Firestar toy on the way

robo_rob

They can feel free to call me when they come up with a Moonracer figure but it'll have to ALOT nicer looking than this trainwreck. :tfpuke

It's not a bad attempt, but they certainly got quite a bit wrong on her. Having done my own custom of Firestar, I know a transforming toy of her can be built that transforms almost exactly like she does in the cartoon, and this certainly doesn't. Not only that, but they got the wheels and cockpit in the completely wrong locations. She didn't have wheels in her shoulders nor thighs. Her rear wheels were in her back pod as part of the bed of her truck mode. Her front wheels were on the outside of her calves. Her chest formed her cockpit.

It's not a bad attempt, but they certainly got quite a bit wrong on her. Having done my own custom of Firestar, I know a transforming toy of her can be built that transforms almost exactly like she does in the cartoon, and this certainly doesn't. Not only that, but they got the wheels and cockpit in the completely wrong locations. She didn't have wheels in her shoulders nor thighs. Her rear wheels were in her back pod as part of the bed of her truck mode. Her front wheels were on the outside of her calves. Her chest formed her cockpit.

Certainly, it appears that some liberties have been taken with the transformation scheme - but as monstergrotusque quite rightly pointed out, achieving a cartoon-accurate transformation will inevitably lead to an overall loss of the kibble-free, panel-free, non-blocky robot mode nominally associated with Firestar and her compatriots. Indeed, by way of example we need look no further than your very own version of Firestar - A+ for effort, C- for the finished product.

These gals need to get done. Hasbro did Straxus, a really obscure character who had one comic appearance (two if you count Furman's UK stories). That should justify the production of an official, Elita-One, Moonracer and compatriots.

2? He had quite a large role in UK G1, I'm even one of the folks who consider the possibility that he could be Galvatron :)

Archived