Masterpiece Conehead release dates/prices

Optimus Timelord

Email received today;

Dear iGear Customers,

We have open the PP03 series Preorder, please visit http://shop.igeartoys.com to check the details. We have some informations here:

1.Preorder price: 1pcs, USD114/pcs, 2pcs, USD109/pcs. Preorder closing date: November 30, after that, the price is 1pcs, USD130/pcs, 2pcs, USD119/pcs.

2.We will release the PP03J Jet first(On March 2011), and then is the PP03E Elegy & PP03A Attack (On April 2011)

3.This product(PP03J/E/A) is not a unit, just 3 jets together, will be shipped out separately.

BTW, all the 2nd PP01 T-shirts were shipped out, separately, not with the 2nd PP01 together, don't worry if you haven't receive it with the 2nd PP01.

Contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Oh, and lest there was ever any doubt, the site clearly states once and for all "Caution: PP03 Series and the MP03 are the same size" :yay

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 jets, is there a combo deal? Now that they have stated they are the same size as the MP Seekers, I would buy them. The prices are kinda of out there though....I thought they would be more like $99 for 1, $89 for 2, $79 for 3. Seems a little high since the MP Skywarp is pretty much valued at $30.

That price tag I am sure will turn off 1/2 of the people interested in this set. Shame as it looks to be very nice!

These are masterpiece-scaled figures produced independently by a third party; all things considered, $110 per figure seems quite reasonable. I can certainly understand that this may be too much for some collectors to afford (especially considering that all three figures are available for pre-order simultaneously); but this strikes me as an issue between those affected and their wallets.

If Takara made these they'd be $100+ and they're mass producing them. For a third party to make these I'm surprised they kept the costs at par.

They would also be distributed to several retailers and the odds of a good deal happening increase. Once these are gone from iGear's website, they're gone.

Well, at least they're truly worth the price, unlike that G1 Arcee they're selling or even their MP Convoy knock-offs. They're all original products, mostly anyway, and something that Takomy wouldn't do, or cant'.

Archived