What was the first Transformer you got?

Devil Prime

His name was originally Tarantulus but because practically all the voice actors from Beast Wars kept pronouncing it Tarantulas, they changed his name accordingly. I still type it Tarantulus tho.

That had me confused because I had seen it typed both ways...well anyway. I was actually capable of properly transforming the toys at the time of Bw but I had a few before that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G1 Optimus Prime on Christmas Day in the first year Season of the Cartoon.

It was and still has been the best Christmas I ever had.

The moment was the highlight of my life; I still remember every detail of carefully opening the box, applying the stickers, and transforming him.

After time went by I had played with him until the smoke stack chrome wore out and then they broke one then the other, the stickers started to peal especially on the knees after the many miles of rolling him, the roller stopped shooting out after time, the legs would no longer stand because the little jagged catches worn out and I would prop him up by sticking the two extra missiles in his backside, the roller gas hose and handle got lost in a sand pile and I dug and dug the whole thing down to nothing looking for it and I never could find it, then the paint started to chip and fade, his left head tab broke and I had to be careful not to lose the head, I broke his left arm and somewhat fixed it with a hot panel nail, the gears were also stripped out in his arms at this point, he was so far gone after the many years at this point and I decided to end it all so I hit him with a base ball bat and cracked the windows out but that’s about all it did to him because he was so very strong so then I immediately felt bad and stopped at this point and said I was sorry and held him, and then in the end I sold what was left of him to a classmate for $5.00 but he never paid me and I had already given him up to the guy.

I had been lost for many years every since until I found out about eBay, BBTS, and TRU Reissues.

And that was just one toy; I had all the main G1 TFs from season 1 plus a few more as a kid. I would spend every other weekend playing with them. Saturday was taking them out of the boxes and transforming them and playing and setting them up. Sunday was playing a bit more and then taking them back down and put them back up in there boxes. Of course after a few years the boxes wore out and it was harder to keep them neat. I’m glad as an adult I just always leave them on the shelf now!

Archived