Review: War For Cybertron Megatron Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Earlier this week, we focused on Soundwave in the War For Cybertron subline. Now, we turn our attention to his supreme commander Megatron. From initial looks, the designers seemed to have pulled cues from G1 and the movie, as well as (surprisingly enough) Animated. Does it translate into a good figure? This review attempts to answer that question.

Nice review! He is a great figure. But did you have a hard time locating this figure?

I got lucky. Went to the local Walmart I cased a few days earlier to get toiletries and glanced at the toy aisle... and there he was.

That's a good, solid Megatron. I like the "ground mode" alot better than the "hover mode". It leaves little ambiguity as to the alt form.

It's figures like this and Darkmount that really make me wish Generation wasn't Deluxe class only....

Im' noticing an recurring "open-handed" approach to these Generations molds and newer TFs in general.Doesn't appeal like the closed fisted bots imo,Not imposing enough in stance, technically its defensive.You don't get the feel that you can create fistfight poses.WFC BB among others.I have him ordered anyway. :con

That's a good, solid Megatron. I like the "ground mode" alot better than the "hover mode". It leaves little ambiguity as to the alt form.

It's figures like this and Darkmount that really make me wish Generation wasn't Deluxe class only....

In-game EVERY characters has a hover mode that allows a full range of manueverability, including side strafing.

Wheels or treads pop out when accelerating forwards, but they dramatically increase turn radius.

I'm glad to see that detail made the cut with at least one of these molds.

Archived