REVIEW; 2010 Seacons G1 Reissue V.S. '88 Original Seacon 5 figure set

anthonyprime

Hold on I thought that the 88 Seacons had six figures: 1 for the Torso 4 for the limbs and 1 for the hand weapon.

:agree

It's God Neptune that doesn't come with one of the smaller Seacons.

I had the 88 issue for Xmas and here-- http://forums.TFormers.com/uploads/monthly_09_2010/post-19779-031728900%201284672133.jpg

you can clearly see that I have the entire set COMPLETE in the picture and there are only 5 robots total, Snaptrap, Nautalator, tentakil, skalor and over bite, Beast Wars may have been short one con but the '88 set is for sure.

Does anyone remember the $10,000 AFA 80 Piranacon on ebay I posted?????

Here is the link--- http://cgi.ebay.com/AFA-Graded-80-G1-Transformers-Seacons-Piranacon-Giftset-/290399929698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439d2f4562 only five total .

I see your point, but has any of you ever read this book:

transformers.jpg

If anyone has, there's a Seacon's page that shows this figure with 6 robot's. When I find mine, I'll show you.

Yep, that's where I got my information.

I found my book. Here are the pictures.

Nautilator

gallery_23542_1237_667286.jpg

Overbite

gallery_23542_1237_772046.jpg

Seawing

gallery_23542_1237_9448.jpg

Skalor

gallery_23542_1237_135872.jpg

Snaptrap

gallery_23542_1237_881459.jpg

Tentakill

gallery_23542_1237_966023.jpg

Piranacon

gallery_23542_1237_959925.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Seacons did have 6 members. Snaptrap was always the torso. The other 5 could serve as either limbs or the hand weapon. If you read Dreamwave's MTMTE guide, it states that Nautilator usually served as the weapon because he was a bit of a liability and couldn't be trusted as a limb.

TFU.info reference showing all 6 Seacons

I noticed that AP's set recollection failed to mention Seawing. Interestingly enough, God Neptune did not include Nautilator.

Hold on I thought that the 88 Seacons had six figures: 1 for the Torso 4 for the limbs and 1 for the hand weapon.

I had the 88 issue for Xmas and here-- http://forums.TFormers.com/uploads/monthly_09_2010/post-19779-031728900%201284672133.jpg

you can clearly see that I have the entire set COMPLETE in the picture and there are only 5 robots total, Snaptrap, Nautalator, tentakil, skalor and over bite, Beast Wars may have been short one con but the '88 set is for sure.

Here is the link--- http://cgi.ebay.com/AFA-Graded-80-G1-Transformers-Seacons-Piranacon-Giftset-/290399929698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439d2f4562 only five total .

transformers.jpg

If anyone has, there's a Seacon's page that shows this figure with 6 robot's. When I find mine, I'll show you.

The set that I got for xmas of 1988 ONLY HAD FIVE, and it is the same set that is the ebay $10,000 set, the American issue only had 5 , and only five- if you look on TF wiki it will tell of a second wave of this figure like year later or something, and that set had 6

@ Blitz-Wing you are right, from the picture I posted of the 80's x mas, the present bots are Snaptrap, seawing, skalor, tentakill, overbite.

This list is the first issue that we got in the states, LOOK AT THE E BAY POST OF THE $10,000 AFA 80 Piranacon, ONLY FIVE- most of us in the late 80's and early 90's had to purchase nautalator separate. ]

Here is the TFWiki link to my proof---- http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Piranacon_%28G1%29

It is the first discription under the TOYS section.

look towards the bottom of the page it will clearly state what happened and why all of you "think"the set came with six.....

This set is EXTREMELY RARE, that is why it is unknown by many in the fandom....

@TFboy, Didn't the author of that book only review/add characters/bots that he owned himself????Wasn't he @ Botcon this year explaining how he put the books together as far as bot choice and pick of issue etc....???? I think I read that topic here.....?

So if he didn't own the right set- he would think that the set came with 6 when it actually came with 5.....

transformers.jpg

The set that I got for xmas of 1988 ONLY HAD FIVE, and it is the same set that is the ebay $10,000 set, the American issue only had 5 , and only five- if you look on TF wiki it will tell of a second wave of this figure like year later or something, and that set had 6

@ Blitz-Wing you are right, from the picture I posted of the 80's x mas, the present bots are Snaptrap, seawing, skalor, tentakill, overbite.

This list is the first issue that we got in the states, LOOK AT THE E BAY POST OF THE $10,000 AFA 80 Piranacon, ONLY FIVE- most of us in the late 80's and early 90's had to purchase nautalator separate. ]

Here is the TFWiki link to my proof---- http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Piranacon_%28G1%29

It is the first discription under the TOYS section.

look towards the bottom of the page it will clearly state what happened and why all of you "think"the set came with six.....

This set is EXTREMELY RARE, that is why it is unknown by many in the fandom....

@TFboy, Didn't the author of that book only review/add characters/bots that he owned himself????Wasn't he @ Botcon this year explaining how he put the books together as far as bot choice and pick of issue etc....???? I think I read that topic here.....?

So if he didn't own the right set- he would think that the set came with 6 when it actually came with 5.....

No, I don't think this guy was at BotCon this year, however this guy claims that he had every G1 toy on the Book, which helped him to write it.

As for the Seacons I think you may be right. It turns out that in 1988 the only 6-pack of the Seacons was a "forign release." The US had only a five pack and that the sixth member had to purchased separatly.

Yes, now that sounds familiar to me, in fact I think it was discussed here a couple of years ago.

Still, it's not like the sixth Seacon was completely unavailable in the U.S.

You are right, but if you were 6 and MOM knew nothing of the Japanese continuity then Nautalator would never have been an issue to buy, since the US never seen Piranacon in cartoon form here, 5 would suffice the kids here since we would know nothing different.

And out of all the TF's , Piranacon is a bot that NO ONE wants to get into a debate with me on, I have researched this guy and so on and so on, I am glad that I CAN add to the learning of new info around here since I am the one usually learning !!!

Yes, now that sounds familiar to me, in fact I think it was discussed here a couple of years ago.

You are right, but if you were 6 and MOM knew nothing of the Japanese continuity then Nautalator would never have been an issue to buy, since the US never seen Piranacon in cartoon form here, 5 would suffice the kids here since we would know nothing different.

And out of all the TF's , Piranacon is a bot that NO ONE wants to get into a debate with me on, I have researched this guy and so on and so on, I am glad that I CAN add to the learning of new info around here since I am the one usually learning !!!

To be fair, no one knew about the Japanese market for Transformers back then.

You wanna know what is not fair at ALL?

Is that we as kids over here in the states seen nothing from Piranacon is a series or anything else, and then when the toy hit the shelves- I could only imagine that my MOM that year seen the Seacon set in all of its greatness and said to herself"This thing is F*cking cool",and that Christmas I received a giftset that I have not seen before-I dont think there was even a commercial for it at all.

So when Nautalator comes up I get all butt hurt, because if Hasbro and whoever else did not wanna incorporate the cartoon into American programming, then at least provide ALL OF THE BOTS AS A SET, DO NOT LET US THINK THAT WE HAVE A COMPLETE SET AND WE DO NOT.

And it is rumored that it was for cost reasons.......YOU ALREADY HAVE 5 IN THE BOX, WHAT IS ONE MORE??????

You wanna know what is not fair at ALL?

Is that we as kids over here in the states seen nothing from Piranacon is a series or anything else, and then when the toy hit the shelves- I could only imagine that my MOM that year seen the Seacon set in all of its greatness and said to herself"This thing is F*cking cool",and that Christmas I received a giftset that I have not seen before-I dont think there was even a commercial for it at all.

So when Nautalator comes up I get all butt hurt, because if Hasbro and whoever else did not wanna incorporate the cartoon into American programming, then at least provide ALL OF THE BOTS AS A SET, DO NOT LET US THINK THAT WE HAVE A COMPLETE SET AND WE DO NOT.

And it is rumored that it was for cost reasons.......YOU ALREADY HAVE 5 IN THE BOX, WHAT IS ONE MORE??????

One more? One more?! I'll tell you what one more is! One more Seacon is going to cost Hasbro thousands of dollars! That's what one more is! :D

Oh Lord... Hasbro killed the market for themselves here. Killing Optimus Prime in the animated movie did more PR harm to the TF line than anything else in the anime's 3+yr run. Didn't help that the 3rd season was garbage. Of course Hasbro bailed out. Back then they didn't try to keep a line going. They were too busy trying to find the next hot trend to cash in on, as any business usually does.

Archived