iGear Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

Optimus Timelord

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id like to see a trailer to MP-02 instead. I was thinking of getting the PP-01 Prime, but since i already have a favorite (MP-01) it doesnt seem right. Traitor-ish kinda :P

There was speculation about Crazy Devs making a trailer for MP-02. Some Master Commander armor or something. :shrug

I'm amazed there's never been one TBH. I even bought MP-02 because I was expecting a trailer to be available at some point (there were some decent prototypes a few years back but nothing ever came of them... but that was before the current climate of Third-Party goodies!!).

Sizewise though I bet a Mini-MP-UM with transformable trailer will go a lot better next to MP Rodimus Prime and that nice G1 Arcee... :drool

The only problem is that even with some "big" UPgrade through armor, he'll still probably be too small.

I was going to buy a Faith Leader because I want my MPs to be in scale, and it looked pretty good next to Grim.

But now that MP Rodimus is going to be the same size as Grim, Prime would just look silly next to the both of them (and to be honest, I think Hotrod being the same size as Grim will look silly too).

Really wish HasTakTomy would have kept all the MP's in scale.... SO annoying.

The only problem is that even with some "big" UPgrade through armor, he'll still probably be too small.

I was going to buy a Faith Leader because I want my MPs to be in scale, and it looked pretty good next to Grim.

But now that MP Rodimus is going to be the same size as Grim, Prime would just look silly next to the both of them (and to be honest, I think Hotrod being the same size as Grim will look silly too).

Really wish HasTakTomy would have kept all the MP's in scale.... SO annoying.

Do we know exactly how tall MP Rodimus is gonna be?? Faith Leader is a head shorter than Grimmy, which is about right. If Rodimus is on a par with Grim he'll end up being too tall for Faith Leader and way too short for the real MPOP... Bummer.

As for Magnus, guess it depends how they decide to tackle him. If the trailer breaks apart into armour and just adds on, a la City Commander, it might not add much height. But if it's more of a G1 style thing it might make him MPOP size! :P

Although I don'd have MP Ultra Magnus I do love the thought of MP Armor and trailer deliciousness. If iGear does it right and the next trailer does happen to be Masterpiece scale, I may be inclined to finally pick one up. The armor/ trailer would be the only thing keeping me away from that guy.

Rodimus is a leader. So figure He'll be at least as tall as Prime and Megatron. Maybe they've worked it out for the Hot Rod part to be as tall as Starscream. Which would be spot on for the cartoon.

I would like to see pictures of iGear's Ultra Magnus/trailer. Just think about the length in trailer mode and then try to wrap his parts on his legs, arms and chest.

As for Magnus, guess it depends how they decide to tackle him. If the trailer breaks apart into armour and just adds on, a la City Commander, it might not add much height. But if it's more of a G1 style thing it might make him MPOP size! :P

My guess would be a break apart trailer rather than the G1 toy style. It's probably more in the style of Mark's MP Ultra Magnus: http://www.marksprojects.com/perfectultra.htm

Or, Igear could follow the Titanium UMagnus style. But I doubt it since they made a transformable Magnus robot cab.

The G1 style is a dead brick with limited articulation so I don't think Igear is heading toward this direction.

My guess would be a break apart trailer rather than the G1 toy style. It's probably more in the style of Mark's MP Ultra Magnus: http://www.marksprojects.com/perfectultra.htm

Or, Igear could follow the Titanium UMagnus style. But I doubt it since they made a transformable Magnus robot cab.

The G1 style is a dead brick with limited articulation so I don't think Igear is heading toward this direction.

There was also this attempt which wasn't too bad http://TFormers.com/article.php?sid=10510

But both that and Mark's suffer from proportion problems, because they're trying to use the inner robot to represent parts of the outer (resulting in tiny thighs or shoulder joints etc). Personally I think the MP cab ought to be almost fully transformed (arms folded behind, legs retracted etc) and therefore able to fit within the torso of the outer robot, allowing freedom for Titanium-style transformation/articulation in the trailer arm & leg sections.

Plus, I'm really not keen on partsforming at this level... Masterpiece Ultra Magnus deserves an actual transformation!

And if they DID make a trailer for their mini MP-OP prime mold (as UM), then they could easily up scale it to bigger standards and sell it alone, as a 3rd party add on for MP-02. THAT WOULD RULE!

Here's the thing: the mini figure is all plastic and the real MP Prime mold is diecast. When dealing with a robot that doesn't weigh as much as a baby, you can probably pull off armor that looks much accurate with a lot more articulation because less needs to be sacrificed for stability.

Just for that, I'm excited about mini magnus and his sweet trailer and can't wait for some pics of either.

anyone seen this or know anything about it?

gallery_2314_124_22728.jpg

back to igear. i'll order it. just ordered pp01 second run. unfortunately it doesn't come with the anime head :redface

i wish i could find one somewhere.

Archived