Set in our ways

SuperSaiyanGoku

Okay the Michael bay transformer movies you love them you hate them, you thought they were great you thought they just plain sucked but why? I thought they were great, many did not. So the designs sucked big freakin deal, they are a race of alien robots from another planet of course they are going to look like they did, what did you expect them to look like? What I am trying to ask here is why are we so set in our ways that everything transformers has to look and feel like the original? Think about it for a second, alot of redos are good some are bad. Like if they decided to redo the entire generation 1 transformer cartoon there is a possibility that it could bomb and be the worst idea ever.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we all know that G1 could be a little better. So why not just do that instead of making something that's even stupider?

"they are a race of alien robots from another planet of course they are going to look like they did, what did you expect them to look like?"

This right here the lamest excuse for the movie Transformers' appearance. Why can't they look like G1 robots, but with more details? Everyone for the movie seemed to think that we on the other side wanted movie Transformers to look exactly as they did in the G1 cartoon. That is not true.

I'm ok with the more alien designs and the movies themselves to be honest. However, this is something I learned a while back in this fandom. Now, it's really just a fact of life, but it applies to the Transfandom pretty well. Not everybody is going to like the same thing. See, I was a fan of BW and BM and never could figure out why so many didn't like the beast era stuff. So when RID started up, I figured everybody would be happy with that (the main fandom opinion of CR was that they toys looked cool, not to many had seen the show yet). I mean Autobots and Decepticons, trukk not munkey. Turns out, there was almost a equal amount of hate as there was love. However, this was the time when I started noticing that for every new phase of TF, new fans come into the fray (I was a little oblivious of this in the BW days). It's almost half and half on every series, new people joining old people who love it. Old people and new people (it happens) who hate it. It's just one of those, don't let somebody with an opposite opinion ruffle your feathers too much kind of thing. Because it's inevitable.

The world don't move

to the beat of just one drum.

What might be right for you,

may not be right for some.

A man is born,

he's a man of means.

Then along comes two,

they got nothin' but their jeans.

But they got,

Diff'rent strokes.

It takes,

Diff'rent strokes.

It takes,

Diff'rent strokes to move the world.

Everybody's got a special kind of story.

Everbody finds a way to shine.

It don't matter that you got, not a lot.

So what?

They'll have theirs, you'll have yours,

And I'll have mine!

And together we'll be fine!

Cause it takes,

Diff'rent strokes to move the world,

yes it does.

It takes,

Diff'rent strokes to move the world!

I'm ok with the more alien designs and the movies themselves to be honest. However, this is something I learned a while back in this fandom. Now, it's really just a fact of life, but it applies to the Transfandom pretty well. Not everybody is going to like the same thing. See, I was a fan of BW and BM and never could figure out why so many didn't like the beast era stuff. So when RID started up, I figured everybody would be happy with that (the main fandom opinion of CR was that they toys looked cool, not to many had seen the shows yet). I mean Autobots and Decepticons, trukk not munkey. Turns out, there was almost a equal amount of hate as there was love. However, this was the time when I started noticing that for every new phase of TF, new fans come into the fray (I was a little oblivious of this in the BW days). It's almost half and half on every series, new people joining old people who love it. Old people and new people (it happens) who hate it. It's just one of those, don't let somebody with an opposite opinion ruffle your feathers too much kind of thing. Because it's inevitable.

The world don't move

to the beat of just one drum.

What might be right for you,

may not be right for some.

A man is born,

he's a man of means.

Then along comes two,

they got nothin' but their jeans.

But they got,

Diff'rent strokes.

It takes,

Diff'rent strokes.

It takes,

Diff'rent strokes to move the world.

Everybody's got a special kind of story.

Everbody finds a way to shine.

It don't matter that you got, not a lot.

So what?

They'll have theirs, you'll have yours,

And I'll have mine!

And together we'll be fine!

Cause it takes,

Diff'rent strokes to move the world,

yes it does.

It takes,

Diff'rent strokes to move the world!

Beautiful. :tfsad

The one thing that alway's made me scratch my head was in the g1 miniseries was the way that the autobots looked when they were on cybertron. Example bumblebee had the cybertronian vehicle mode when he had his vw beetle parts on him in robot mode, same with jazz cybertronian vehicle mode Porsche parts visible in robot mode. That's why I liked the alien designs, kind of made sense you know. I'm kind of glad that they aren't redoing g1, what's done is done, let's just move on.

The one thing that alway's made me scratch my head was in the g1 miniseries was the way that the autobots looked when they were on cybertron. Example bumblebee had the cybertronian vehicle mode when he had his vw beetle parts on him in robot mode, same with jazz cybertronian vehicle mode Porsche parts visible in robot mode. That's why I liked the alien designs, kind of made sense you know. I'm kind of glad that they aren't redoing g1, what's done is done, let's just move on.

So, you're stupid. :wtf

It's the animation models. They're not going to make animation models for a one time use. That's why the Transformer don't look different in robot mode in MTMTE. Come on man, that's basic knowledge at this point in time.

So, you're stupid. :wtf

It's the animation models. They're not going to make animation models for a one time use. That's why the Transformers don't look different in robot mode in MTMTE. Come on man, that's basic knowledge at this point in time.

I would not say that was true. I mean, what about Spike in the G1 episode Autobot Spike. And Cheetor in his nightmare in Feral Scream 2, or Optimal Megatron in BM. (Ok maybe that was a bad example) Heck Armada had a lot of Transformers that only appeared at first on one or two episodes, and Energon had a lot of 'background' Transformers that were only used once.

What you just said, Breaker, has a little truth in it.

Not everybody is going to like the same thing

Where may I send the interwebz you just won?

To muh trophy room.

Archived