New Images of MP-09 Rodimus Shows Off Different Heads, Rear of Hot Rod

Peter_Van

Toys R Us Japan has updated the product page for TakaraTomy's Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy on their website and have provided us some new views of the figure. Two of the images provide us the best look of the Rodimus Convoy/Hot Rod heads, while one image gives us the first view of the rear of the Hot Rod vehicle. It is still unclear how to convert from one character to another. Take a look at the shots in the gallery. The figure will be out sometime in January 2011 with a 15,960 yen (~ $191.47 USD) price tag. Read the Full News Story Here

Looks like the thighs are pulled down further in Rodimus Prime mode to make him slightly taller, too. Other than that and the head, I don't see any difference between the two bot modes. Since the spirit of the Masterpiece series (at least initially) was to make the figures look a little more screen accurate, anyone know how this compares to the cartoon versions of Hot Rod vs. Rodimus Prime?

Looks like the thighs are pulled down further in Rodimus Prime mode to make him slightly taller, too. Other than that and the head, I don't see any difference between the two bot modes. Since the spirit of the Masterpiece series (at least initially) was to make the figures look a little more screen accurate, anyone know how this compares to the cartoon versions of Hot Rod vs. Rodimus Prime?

In the film, Hot Rod grew at least a quarter larger in every dimension to become Rodimus. His coloration also grew slightly darker, but then in the third season of the show it was all over the place. The face change is dead on though.

Might as well just buy the american one (assuming it JUST comes with the bot, & no trailer) 'Onslaught? It seems more deemable/affordable.

I prefer the Takara ones, Better quality, my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime broke, while my MP-01 is still in perfect condition

Archived