Voltron Movie concept pics...

PuertoRiCON

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'd wait for actual production shots before I make my judgement. I actually like Bay's (more like ILM's) interpretation of the TF designs, but I still feel that these concept shots are too similar at this stage.

I'm more excited looking forward to the CG animated Gaiking feature that's supposed to come out next year!

why does everything need a redesign when becoming a movie? maybe a slight update, but why always the total do-overs? the appeal is in the classic design!

That said, I would love to see a live action voltron and robotech/macross movies

The redesign is suppose to be more of an upgrade, simply because they get more money when making a movie then a TV show. I hope they stick with the lions they way they are, however Voltron needs to be redone.

Dammit, I could kill Michael Bay more than ever now. Voltron's a piece of human tech and therefore doesn't have to look alien, but because Bay's movies made money, they're obviously going to redesign everything we loved as children to have way too many sharp moving parts...

post-7178-035032600 1284684599.jpg

I like THIS design, what is this an older movie concept? or ...?

Dammit, I could kill Michael Bay more than ever now. Voltron's a piece of human tech and therefore doesn't have to look alien, but because Bay's movies made money, they're obviously going to redesign everything we loved as children to have way too many sharp moving parts...

I think that was a concept art from the Voltron CGI series from the early 2000s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCb20iuCMXg

I heard about a cartoon they did in like 2002, i wonder if that was it, either way thanks 'Ricon, ill check that.

*edit* Looking at the CGI footage (youtube) and thinking back, i actually owned some of the toys from that era that looked just like those characters like Lo-tron, and co. Sweet! Now i wanna see the show! I never saw the show before, kinda like last year i had yet to hear of MOTU 2002 toon, which rocked!

Personally I'd wait for actual production shots before I make my judgement. I actually like Bay's (more like ILM's) interpretation of the TF designs, but I still feel that these concept shots are too similar at this stage.

I'm more excited looking forward to the CG animated Gaiking feature that's supposed to come out next year!

That thing just looks awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS6E-Nu3xsg

It's a piece of CG fan art I found using google images. Depressing, isn't it?

Ok this isn't Transformers related per say, but I thought my fellow Giant Robot fans would like to see this. I guess Bay's vision of Giant F'n Robots is inspiring others....Since Peter Cullen did the into to Voltron, this should slide, especially if TFormers still thinks anything Stan Bush does is Transformers related thus newsworthy...

http://www.joblo.com/exclusive-voltron-is-getting-ready-to-form-a-first-look-at-art-from-the-new-film

voltronexcl1-big.jpg

voltronexcl2-big.jpg

Where's Voltron? All I saw was some pics of some weird movieverse Ravage gestalt.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived