Oh the things that should be done again...

robo_rob

http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/attractions/transformers.html

My friend Steve refers to this as BotCon 85, and he's not that far off with his assertion. I have seen commercials for this event online, but this seems to be the only place (other than a Crazy Steve blog post and a TF Wiki article)with any information on the event. Held in summer 1985 and ending at some point in 1986, Universal Studios had a Transformers attraction. Admittedly the attraction was simple kids fair, but hey, what do you think Transformers was intended to be in those days? Apparently when the event first started, the first 400 or so kids got a free TF (prolly a Mini-bot)and the kids after got a neato poster.

With the new movies being ever so popular, and the upcoming theme park ride (at the same park no less), now would be an awesome time for such an occasion to return. I'm 32 and I'd gladly go and get my picture taken with a miserable actor in a Grimlock suit (probably about to pass out from heat exhaustion). Looks fun, and hey, wouldn't it be cool?

Wonder if anything from that, other than some pictures survived?

Archived