Details on War for Cybertron Second Character and Map Pack DLC

Peter_Van

A new downloadable content pack will be released on September 7th, according to the announcement section in the Transformers: War for Cybertron video game. The ticker bar, which announces information across all spectrums related to the game on the multiplayer screen, states new DLC, featuring new characters and maps will be released on September 7th. A price point and additional information have not been revealed. Read more. Read the Full News Story Here

Actually the first DLC was 2 maps for multiplayer, 2 maps for Escalation, 3 previously exclusive pre-order bonus characters and 2 all new characters.

...with that said, this new dlc pack had better have some new achievements. Im only 3 levels from maxing out Prime mode already (and I havent played in 2 weeks).

I'd like for them to raise "the level cap" by instead offering a 3rd mode beyond Prime mode called Megatron mode. With all new achievements and challenges. That'd be sweet. I'd also like a better sort of option towards map selection. Like in Gears of War 2 you can select a game mode and then choose a playlist with or without DLC. Its easier to keep friends around who dont have new maps as opposed to constantly backing out to the lobby and just hoping a new map doesnt show up.

And some new weapons/upgrades to mix up the classes would be great too.

A map or two would be nice, but I'd love to see a new archetype or characters that involve helicopters or motorcycles, though I doubt that will happen outside of a full-blown sequel.

Most likely, we'll get preexisting models like the ones used for the DS, like Grimlock, Swoop, and Hot Rod...which is just fine with me. But I still hold out for a Vortex/Blackout helicopter form :)

Oh and some new weapons and upgrades are welcome too!

A map or two would be nice, but I'd love to see a new archetype or characters that involve helicopters or motorcycles, though I doubt that will happen outside of a full-blown sequel.

Most likely, we'll get preexisting models like the ones used for the DS, like Grimlock, Swoop, and Hot Rod...which is just fine with me. But I still hold out for a Vortex/Blackout helicopter form :)

Oh and some new weapons and upgrades are welcome too!

Well, in my opinion...helicopters are kind of "Earthy" to be something found on Cybertron, as you'd need a specific atmosphere for them to work. If they do a sequel on Earth, then definitely!

AWESOME! i loved the first one and this one is probably gonna be just as awesome i hope that grimlock :tfevil is in it.

it would be cool to have something alike a helicopter.

The Transformers: War for Cybertron Map and Character Pack #2 downloadable content will include five new maps and two new characters Dead End and Zeta Prime. A trailer posted at GameTrailers (viewable in the full article) reveals that these two characters and five unspecified maps will be included in the new DLC that is available tomorrow, September 7th on XBox Live Marketplace and Playstation Network. A pricepoint has not been specified. Read the Full News Story Here

I was hoping that Hot Rod or Ultra Magnus would be on this pack, since they were on the DS versions. Oh well, there is still time for them to be ported. Zeta Prime, will be sweet. I guess Zeta will be in the leader class chasis. And DeadEnd in the scout class. about time we had another scout class for the Decepticons. Can't wait to DL these tomorrow...guess we will be seeing a lot of Zetas and DeadEnds now.

Porting characters from the DS to major consoles wouldnt work very well. They would just to have to rebuild them. Not to mention that High Moon didnt make the DS versions to begin with.

And btw, my threads been hijacked!

Well, in my opinion...helicopters are kind of "Earthy" to be something found on Cybertron, as you'd need a specific atmosphere for them to work. If they do a sequel on Earth, then definitely!

Helicopter alt modes have been seen on Cybertron in the "War Within" comics. And the game itself shows that Cybertron does have an atmosphere. It's kind of hard to have explosions and rain without an atmosphere of some kind. As for whether the planet would have the kind of atmosphere that would support helicopters ... eh, just go with it. It's no sillier than a lot of the other things about Transformers lore that we're asked to swallow.

I'm all for helicopters and motorcycles. I wouldn't mind seeing Blades and Groove (or Afterburner) on the Autobots' side and Vortex and ... some Decepticon motorcycle. Sideways? Trenchmouth?

Archived