Toy Finder App for Android or iPhone

Markusius

There is a network of users here that could benefit from a means to communicate toy availabilities in their local market.

For the last year two years I've been kicking this idea around, done some research, and jotted down some notes about a Product Sightings tool. Either a website, SMS services using Twitter subscriptions, or possibly building an Android/iPhone app. Is there a genuine interest in building something like this? I know I'd love to recieve an SMS text notification if someone spotted MP Grimlock in my local Toys R Us and there were two more sitting on the shelf.

So what I'm looking for are some comments, ideas, etc. as to whether there is interest in something like this.

I'm gonna move this article to the TF Toy Discussion because I think it'll get more input there. That might be a novel idea you have there. The beauty is that if the app was left open sourced, it could be adapted for just about any commodity. The trick would be how to design it so that (1) the geological area would be defined (radius, etc) and (2) frequency of polled data.

Here's an idea. Why not affiliate it with Tformers to give you immediate updates to your smart phone as soon as they are put up here on Tformers.com.

Id be all over that.

There is a network of users here that could benefit from a means to communicate toy availabilities in their local market.

For the last year two years I've been kicking this idea around, done some research, and jotted down some notes about a Product Sightings tool. Either a website, SMS services using Twitter subscriptions, or possibly building an Android/iPhone app. Is there a genuine interest in building something like this? I know I'd love to recieve an SMS text notification if someone spotted MP Grimlock in my local Toys R Us and there were two more sitting on the shelf.

So what I'm looking for are some comments, ideas, etc. as to whether there is interest in something like this.

I'd love an app like that. It'd actually be a deciding factor about which type of phone I got - Android or Windows Mobile. (No force in the galaxy would make me own an iPhone.)

I'd love an app like that. It'd actually be a deciding factor about which type of phone I got - Android or Windows Mobile. (No force in the galaxy would make me own an iPhone.)

Droid KFGatri!! I have the incredible and it is sweet.

After I move I'll have to dedicate some time on this. Right now I'm getting ready to drive accross the US to visit friends and family on my way to Texas and I have an office project to finish coding out. VBA is not my favorite language.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived