IDW Drift Mini Series

Robimus

Preordered! I really enjoyed the Spotlight:Drift issue & Milne draws his love for mecha (he can even do organics too!).

The nostalgic cynic in me sees Drift as an overpowered 'Add-on' / Retcon character; but my inner fanboy likes the psychological turmoil / repentant conflict & stab-happy 'mystic melee-weapon' angle. He's well written & intriguing enough to overcome much of the trite prejudgement usually reserved for "Mary Sue" characters. Actually looking forward to reading his 'origin' story.

It helps that the figure is one of the coolest this decade (TWO-HANDED Blade awesomeness!) - has anyone else noticed just how 'Gundam' many of the newer TF's are becoming? Drift resembles one of the better Alt / BT customs I've seen; using a car shell around a Gundam Seed figure (Arch-enemy series, I believe). At least they mostly look awesome ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in this. In fact, I now have to venture to the one place I have been avoiding for the last couple of months today. My local comic book store. Not looking forward to how much I do or do not have in my pull list!

Archived