Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperSaiyanGoku

What would you do if you were in charge at hasbro

Agree with Thomas: Updated Powermaster and Actionmaster Prime

Fan voted line of Transformers would be awesome

Fix distribution problems

G1 Accurate Gestalts

Continue the Generations/Universe/Classics line to cover ALL the G1 figures

MP Galvatron

NO MORE CRAPPY MEGATRON FIGURES!!

A couple things come to mind:

Go the Marvel and DC animation route and release DVD movies of Transformers stories from different generations/universes. The stories don't all have to be connected. Just have recognizable characters star in each movie, then for kicks, release the character models/figures in the Generations line.

Sticking with the Generations line, I would reintroduce the GoBots to the masses by pulling them under the Transformers umbrella and release scout or deluxe sized figures under the Generations banner. Hasbro own the name, they should put it to use. Every time I see a motorcycle Transformer, I always imagine Cykill being re-imagined. Come on Hasbro, although I'm a huge transformers fan, many of us also grew up collecting GoBots! There is a market there.

Get away from having store exclusives like MP's or reissues. Although many of us have most stores close enough to visit, to have exclusives on figures does a disservice to those of us who have stuck with the brand over the years. If we can buy most movie and Generations toys at all stores, why have exclusives for a marquee figure. The more flooded stores are, the lower the prices, but hey that make sense for the buyers not the seller.

Do a series without Megatron and Optimus Prime. Yeah, I know, Prime (and Megatron, but more so Prime) has the name recognition so he has to be used, but I would love to see a series, in the future perhaps, where someone else was in charge of either side. There are so many great secondary characters that should get a shot at leading. Perhaps this is where they could do those one shot DVD movies I mentioned earlier.

I might have a few more, but these were the first few ideas that popped into mind. I look forward to what everyone else has to say...

Actually this is the most brilliant comment I have seen yet on this thread! It is so true, Hasbro needs to "grow-up" and really pull the stops out on the 2 key lines that they control the most, that being Transformers and GI-Joe.

Both new cartoons look frightfully childish (tho I do have some hope for Transformers since it is being written my seasoned writers in film and television).

For example, Lockdown! This is the Transformer version of LoBo. This guy needs comic and dvds to support a brutally honest and uncouth character. He's violent, can be vulgar and really intimidating. This guy needs his own series where hunts down anyone bot or alien.

Optimus Prime needs a step up and needs to be treated like how superman is in the DC world.

One of the cool elements that Animated "barely" touched on was the idea that Transformers are like super heroes and had human super villains to contend with, that was great writing! So if I was head I would revamp the WHOLE character line and make every one of the Autobots be like the Justice league...everyone has a super gift or specialty...there are no "child bots" (BB being made as a rug rat is getting old). I think the whole chain of command is dated...every bot is their own.

When you break down the the myth of Transformers we really need to examine what myths actually work. DC characters have a lot in common with Greek Gods, Transformers Re-imagined should be in the same way.

One way to build this up is by playing off of what Bay stated when he made it that Transformers can scan other vehicles to become other modes. This makes since! As a marketer this is the perfect way to sell more versions of Optimus...Optimus scans a jet fighter, he scans a sports car or a dodge ram truck. We are talking constantly... I would love to see a scene in TF3 where Bumble Bee is in a jam and as he's racing thru to hide he scans a truck and becomes the truck then he scans a helicopter and becomes the copter as his truck goes for a jump in the ocean and then to fight back BB turns into robot form and because he's got rotors and jets from the copter he can fly for short distances. Now this is vision and plays on what these alien characters are really all about.

The first TF movie based game plays like this. Awesome!

Transformers as a story and product needs serious attention and to be treated like a product that ADULTS will like, kids want to be treated like adults and thus they will fall in line and buy the toy because dad will. It's that simple.

So to answer the thread question appropriately if i headed up Hasbro Transformers and other like toy lines would be gear towards adults much in the same way Star Wars is. I would kill the whole "think like a kid" entirely and make toys adults would want in their collections, make films adults will think is genius solid sci fi story telling.

The reason why this will work (and i know I'm going to read ... but kids buy toys not adults...market stories to kids) is quite frankly child's attention span these days is so short they really don't care for the story or the bio or the character...they will make up their own. If you are going to spend this much time, effort and money into stories and comics and cartoons, stop narrowing your market and make stuff that adults will enjoy or at the very least will respect because the material is not intellectually insulting.

DC figured this formula out and that's why they are so successful (Smallville anyone?).

I need to send my resume :P

all our ideas have to go to Hasbro

I don't mean to be offensive, but many of the ideas presented here are pretty bad ones written selfishly. Not to say that anyone who posted in this thread is a selfish person, just that this is the kind of thread where we post our selfish desires. There are some ideas that it seems like would be a no brainer for HasTak to follow, but not many.

Well, to be fair, the thread IS titled "What would YOU to if YOU were in charge at Hasbro" :shrug

sorry everyone.

I was just excited.

forgiveness.

all our ideas have to go to Hasbro

I don't mean to be offensive, but many of the ideas presented here are pretty bad ones written selfishly. Not to say that anyone who posted in this thread is a selfish person, just that this is the kind of thread where we post our selfish desires. There are some ideas that it seems like would be a no brainer for HasTak to follow, but not many.

Well, to be fair, the thread IS titled "What would YOU to if YOU were in charge at Hasbro" :shrug

sorry everyone.

I was just excited.

forgiveness.

I was not trying to be selfish

sorry

• Find Transformers on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE