What would you do if you were in charge at hasbro

SuperSaiyanGoku

I would continue the universe line. Fix all of the problems that Hasbro made in the past. I say that the first thing Hasbro should make is toys that were not so great when they first came out. G1 Ironhide and Ratchet was pretty bad, but I loved the Universe versions of them. Universe Dinobot and Cheetor were nice figures as well, but you know what Beast wars should be completely redone and sold as a voyager figure? Transformers Beast Wars Rhinox. I'm not saying I am crazy about the character, but at least give us a descent figure Hasbro! This should have been one of the first figures to come to mind that needed an entire makeover! I mean come on; am I the only person who thinks this is a good suggestion? Oh and I would be nice if we could also have a Beast wars Optimal Optimus that could some how retract his long range weapon on his chest into his chest, and have the vehicle mode cockpit rise up and cover that area; maybe make it spring loaded so that thay could pop out a the push of a button or something, and also keep in mind that you (Hasbro) never made a toy of BM Optimal Megatron. All you need to do is remodel the head of Optimal Optimus, the head! Or at the very least, come up with a descent BM Megatron. He was worse then Rhinox!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bring back the Alternator's line, except make it more G1 accurate. Vehicles such as Arcee, Kup and Hot Rod would keep their cybertronian look but apdated with alternators scale and articulation. Characters such as Optimus, Megatron and other big hitters would be apart of the line but in Masterpiece form. I would scale the Alternity version of Bumblee and Cliffjumper to the Alternators. I would then make the War For Cybertron with Alternators scale and articulation.

I'd then stop production of the TFormers Prime and rework it to be more G1 accurate so all the Transformers will keep their Iconic appearance. The end.

I'd bring back the Alternator's line, except make it more G1 accurate. Vehicles such as Arcee, Kup and Hot Rod would keep their cybertronian look but apdated with alternators scale and articulation. Characters such as Optimus, Megatron and other big hitters would be apart of the line but in Masterpiece form.

Awesome! You're hired! :tflaugh

I love the Alts (working on a 1/24 G1 Sideswipe kitbash as we speak) but the line could have done with some more imagination. Instead of just all sports cars, expand it to include military vehicles like tanks; construction vehicles (yep you know who); fire and rescue; trucks like Huffer/Gears; minivans/people carriers for Ironhide/Ratchet...and, as you say, cybertronian cars.

War Within cartoon, new War Within comics and War Within Toys (not the crappy titaniums we got)

This and continue G1 cartoon with Megatron and the seekers turning back to themselfs, maybe even in War Within bodies, new toys for these guys too, all in classics/universe 2.0/generations style and with g1 combiners using scramble city combination along with now a days design

if i was in charge, I'd see to it that these figures get made....

a Leader Class Bonecrusher and Blackout

a re-mold of deluxe Barricade

Human alliance figure of Jolt (with annoying guy in rotf) and Sideways (with alice/pretender)

voyager class Rampage

Animated line: Leader class Lugnut

and i had the stroke, i'd see to it that michael bay is fired and replaced with someone with talent.

Thats all i can think of for now.

My main figure I would make would be a new larger-than-supreme sized Devastator based on the ACTUAL original Devastator. It was legends-class sized, but the robots could all transform into robots or vehicles and then combine. I would GLADLY pay $100 or more for voyager-sized G1 accurate Constructicons that actually combine. And at voyager size, you could find ways to hide the extra parts, like hands and connectors, eliminating the need for the loose parts. That "classics" Devastator was a disappointment, the movie Devastator was a monkey-joke. Give me a REAL giant-combiner that is HUGE. 6 robots, $25 a pop, and they will sell out SO much faster than the movie Devastator did. You wanna make money, you make what the fans will buy.

My first order of business would be to get the Transformers Design Philosophy as far away from "Electronic Gizmos" and other crappy gimmicks as possible, and focus instead on just making Darn Fine Toys. (When I was a child wanting toys, I never recall "Electronic Lights and Sounds" being a deal-maker, EVER. I was always: "Gimme accuracy and poseability, dang it!" believe it or not.)

Next I would start making sure that Megatron stops getting Crappy Toy Treatments, and Arcee and the other Femme Transformers actually start GETTING toy treatments... Oh, and I'd like to see Animated get a "Complete Series" DVD release.

I'm sure there's other stuff I'd do too, but I can't think of it right now... I'm sure I'll post back if I do... :P

Archived