What would you do if you were in charge at hasbro

SuperSaiyanGoku

The key thing here is that these are toys and the company is out to make a profit. If we rant and rave about the costly immediate fix to our own specific gripe without concern to the bigger picture we have the capability of destroying that which we enjoy. Therefore, we have to find a way to make it more profitable while getting what we the fanboys (and girls) desire. My two least favorite things with collecting is the sheer load of peg/shelfwarmers and the way they lock out other waves for collection. Look at the deluxe Mudflap for Pegwarmers and the HA Mudflap that you can't find....anywhere. They willl be my examples for this discussion

If I could identify the figures that would sell like hot cakes over the pegwarmers I could redistribute the cases into a more desirable mix. There must still be a mix though so I cannot eliminate the entire problem. Deluxe Mudflaps are not desirable, but Evac was pretty hot so it would be safe to say that a few more of Evac and a little less Mudflap. We have fewer Mudflaps collecting dust.

On the otherside of the coin we have figures that no one can find. I have been looking since his introduction, but HA Mudflap does not exist. I have had a preorder at BBTS for several months now and all I hear is that they are sure its on the way. If Hasbro were watching the market they would see that HA Mudflap is desired so lets provide more of him and less Bumblebees.

As with flying a commercial plane, only small tweaks in the process are needed throughout the year. Sending an entire shipment of Evac is going to satisfy the need for Evac now, but if that need is not that great Evac has replaced Mudflap in my example. By intializing an interactive media application on Hasbro's website that allows us to witness the figures before they arrive will provide the exact data needed to produce the quantities desired. Essentially you have the Like/Dislike link like there is on Facebook. Since there are so many stolen figures as of late, why not just put the info out now so we don't have to wait. I believe Sea Spray's toys was revealed in January/February (Sorry I had cancer then) but it wasn't in my hand until the first week of July. That is plenty of time to use this website to determine whether or not the figure will be good.

I think I have beaten a dead horse so I will close with we need to remember that Hasbro does not create these toys for us, they are created for everybody. Fansproject and Mastermind Creations are companies that do create them for the adult collector. You can easily see the differences in the price tags.

I also would like to see the wrist joints from Alternity Bumblebee/Cliffjumper to be on every figure that it can fit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I want my fingers to bleed and if you cannot tell the difference between the rounded Hasbro teeth and the sharp Takara one, that's your problem. The Masterpiece are toys for adult collectors, not kids. Also, the Michael Bay designs suck and the humans are involved too much in it. I want G1 Transformers with minor human roles, that is why its called Transformers, not humans an Transformers.

Yes, I want my fingers to bleed and if you cannot tell the difference between the rounde Hasbro teeth and the sharp Takara one, that's your prblem. The Masterpiece are toys for adult collectors, not kids. Also, the Michael Bay designs suck and the humans are involved too much in it. I want G1 Transformers with minor human roles, that is why its called Transformers, not humans an Transformers.

Did I ever say I can't tell the difference between Takara's and Hasbro's MP Grimlock's teeth? They are sold in the Toy department at Walmart and in Toys R Us.....Whether they are meant for collectors or not does not change the fact that they are available for kids to buy as toys...just saying.As far as Michael Bay's movie designs "sucking", that's just a matter of opinion.

Yes, I want my fingers to bleed and if you cannot tell the difference between the rounde Hasbro teeth and the sharp Takara one, that's your prblem. The Masterpiece are toys for adult collectors, not kids. Also, the Michael Bay designs suck and the humans are involved too much in it. I want G1 Transformers with minor human roles, that is why its called Transformers, not humans an Transformers.

Did I ever say I can't tell the difference between Takara's and Hasbro's MP Grimlock's teeth? They are sold in the Toy department at Walmart and in Toys R Us.....Whether they are meant for collectors or not does not change the fact that they are available for kids to buy as toys...just saying.As far as Michael Bay's movie designs "sucking", that's just a matter of opinion.

I see a lot of difference in the way the teeth are done in both version to the point were I prefer the Takara version while you said his teeth aren't that rounded. So you would buy a $70+ toy to a 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 yo kid and if you did, would that kid keep it and display it nicely and neatly without being tempted to play with it thus risking breaking, damaging, or loosing a piece of the figure? I can understand someone with a lot of resources to do that, but us regular fans can buy only one. And did I ever say that I speak for everyone when I said the movie designs suck? I believe that the vast majority of TF fans would have preferred the G1 designs rather than the alien version from the movie, so the desings suck in my opinion. And I believe the movie did well because it had the Transformers name on it and that it was the first live action one ever made more than how good it actually was and fans as well as people who don't really care aout TF would want to see it.

First of all, I would hire a group of 50 or so Transformer fans whose opinions I value to playtest ALL figures before they are released (if they are released). If there's something that annoys them or something that needs done differently, then the designers make it happen one way or another. Under my rule there would never be a bad transformer AGAIN. There would be some that not all people would like, but they'd all have solid modes, be constructed to last, and wouldn't be frustrating.

Second, from the moment my playtesters approve a figure for production, I will have COMPETENT photographers who WON'T mistransform the goddamn toy to take pictures of the prototypes and distribute them to websites like TFans. The secrecy is pointless and I'd rather constantly have this and other communities in an anticipation fueled frenzy for these figures.

Third, after the first production run that's passed QC has been created for a figure, I will mail a bunch of figures to the best toy reviewers on the internet, like Peaugh and Vange1us under the stipulations that they review the toy with expediency and with honesty and fairness (in other words, the reviewers that gush over every new figure they pay too much for in the premarket WOULD NOT be a part of this).

Fourth, fuck street date. I'll let stores put the stock out as soon as they receive it or whenever else they want.

Fifth, I'd do my damndest to put out a G1 Unicron and Beast Wars 2/Neo (I forget which) Unicron.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now.

If anything repaints would have to be put to a vote with the public. Do a presentation of different version ideas planned and let public vote if there should be a repaint of a certain figure and if it should be made at all. Try to keep all the out coming figures in as close to comparison with all other figures. IE. Optimus Prime compared to Bumblebee in the War for Cybertron figures, Optimus is supposed to be much larger than Bee but having both figures here side by side Bee looks bigger and his class is close to scout class where Optimus is a Leader class yet the stand the same height in robot mode and in vehicle mode Bee is larger looking, same goes with every line out there. Granted the leader class line is great and in size comparison I think the line is more for the main collector when it comes to detail, price, and the ability to have a nice size figure for show. Also even though the thought would be disliked I would cut back on the amount of figures released in a year to help availability to the local store distributors. I find it ridiculous where there are places that have figures on time and then there are others where it's been four months beyond initial release date where even major retailers are just finally showing figures that have been online by private sellers. Granted I know it's about profit, everything is more about profit lately, but the consumers that wait for these figures to show up in stores are left out and forced to buy online place like Ebay for prices that are too high and as well as paying shipping costs that are also insane... Twenty dollars shipping for a figure that can be easily and just as safely shipped for a mere 5 to 7 dollars... I'd also cut the number of lines down to only animated, movie, and comic style. Where the size options would stay the same as in offering Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader/Super Class with still keeping the Legends line out there but as a once a year special option for around Holidays for collector's and those families who think it would be a special surprise for the younger generation. As for the fan base and collector clubs I would rather option for original new limited edition sculpts/molds NOT REPAINTS for ComicCons, online fan clubs, as well as magazine collector clubs. It would help attract new interest from consumers looking for something truly new and hard to find as for also regain lacking loyalty from those who become disappointed with learning a character they hope to be released was released as a special exclusive only to just turn out it being an exclusive repaint and not an all together new rare figure. And maybe if Hasbro was up for it, talk to other companies interested in and also do make like figures for example FansProject and actually give them a contract to back them in producing newer, better figures and accessories to take Hasbro Transformers to even a higher livel since the introduction of the movie figures. Weapons, customizing kits, decals, replacement parts for upgrades or actual replacement pieces for figures that have parts that can pop on or off and can go missing. I would even ask them about their thought on creating newer, better, and in some cases, bigger combiners from Scout to Deluxe classes and even in some cases making the main center character being the next class in not only type but size as well all cause from what I have seen of what they can do that has improved upon exsisting products. Then again I don't know if they are already in contract with Hasbro. I know myself would be willing to go for a Generations Deluxe class Constructicons set. I would also suggest bringing back the rubber plastic composite wheels for Leader Class and the occasional Deluxe and Voyager classes all depending on cost of supply and if the demand would be high enough. I think it would be one for the fans to vote on. I have many other thoughts and ideas but I think I will end here.

i would simply do the obvious. spend some of the millions they made for years to help long time fans out for once and BUY BACK the rights/and or molds to the dinobots and shockwave for reissue purposes. i would also make a updated generations/universe/classics version of some of the older combiners/gesalts. i would love to see what they could design nowadays. just imagine an better poseable, more articulated combiner!! i know its just a dream tho (sigh)

I'd produce all of the G1 female Transformers, including Elita One, Chromia, Moonracer and Firestar (even if under a somehwat different name), Arcee, Road Rage, "Nancy", Beta, Vibes, Greenlight, Lancer, Paradron Medic, Minerva, Nightbird, Esmeryl, Lyzak, etc. I would produce figures of all of the Original Thirteen.

Two things -

Sort out distribution. If you guys are frustrated not being able to find HA Mudflap etc, just imagine what it's like for us in the UK where we're lucky if we ever get to see half the figures!!

Get a G1 line done. Reissues are ok, but why not do what so many customizers have done and add some modern-day articulation to the figures? Failing that, at least give us a full line-up of faithful G1 toys (Classics/Universe was a nice 'update' but left a lot of holes. You'd think for the 20th or 25th anniversary a company would finally make the effort to do a toon-accurate line of their definitive characters. Don't just leave it to third party guys like Jizaitoys and iGear etc, as nice as those things are the fans end up paying through the nose just to get what HasTak should be providing... And when we finally have a line of perfect G1 representations we'll shut up and you can move on and do other cool stuff! C'MON, JUST DO IT!

I would have the toys of Arcee, both Headmaster and regular made. TV accurate and everything. THen I would do Alpha Trion. THen I would do all the TV original characters like Devcon. Basically I would redo most of the original toys including the Pretenders and select Micromasters, and make them articulate and proportioned. I would not make them into modernized vehicles, etc but I would stick to the classic forms.

Make the Action Masters into real Transformers, Skyfall, Banzai Tron, Axer, Rad, Treadshot.

This has been my dream for 20 years.

I would also make toys of the humans, Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, the mad scientists, etc. But not make them manga style or really cheap. Make them look TV accurate .Also do the Nebulons.

Make the HEadmasters again but articulate and posable and proportioned. And be sure to do a great job on the heads.

FInally make a TV accurate Galvatron, Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus. Make the QUintessons.

Make all the side characters from the original series like the Atlanteans, etc.

First of all, I would hire a group of 50 or so Transformer fans whose opinions I value to playtest ALL figures before they are released (if they are released). If there's something that annoys them or something that needs done differently, then the designers make it happen one way or another. Under my rule there would never be a bad transformer AGAIN. There would be some that not all people would like, but they'd all have solid modes, be constructed to last, and wouldn't be frustrating.

Second, from the moment my playtesters approve a figure for production, I will have COMPETENT photographers who WON'T mistransform the goddamn toy to take pictures of the prototypes and distribute them to websites like TFans. The secrecy is pointless and I'd rather constantly have this and other communities in an anticipation fueled frenzy for these figures.

Third, after the first production run that's passed QC has been created for a figure, I will mail a bunch of figures to the best toy reviewers on the internet, like Peaugh and Vange1us under the stipulations that they review the toy with expediency and with honesty and fairness (in other words, the reviewers that gush over every new figure they pay too much for in the premarket WOULD NOT be a part of this).

Fourth, fuck street date. I'll let stores put the stock out as soon as they receive it or whenever else they want.

Fifth, I'd do my damndest to put out a G1 Unicron and Beast Wars 2/Neo (I forget which) Unicron.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Amen to all that.

Archived