Ebay's a wasteland right now

Superconductor

If anyone had ROTF Skystalker on there for a decent price, i would snap him up in an instant. Unfortunately, the only listings are way overpriced.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember a couple months ago where there were only 15,000 plus or minus figures. Then eBay went and added the store items automatically which jumped the figures to 50,000 plus. Which has caused a damper on searching, having to go thru so many. Also the outrageous prices that sellers are putting. I was lucky getting the MISB Cryo Scourge for $30 plus $4 shipping over the weekend. I'm also thinking that a people are buying more of the new stuff thats coming out. So they are saving money for whats coming out plus a lot of people are leaving the fandom at the same time. So it is a buyers market to a point

Guest Bumblemus

I buy a lot of transformers off ebay and I watch for people that have low enough bids and shipping and handling and usully I come out winning on a transformer that I want

Market is not dead, eBay is having a discount for sellers this month, that's why all the items are all over-priced. Because it doesn't cost the sellers anything if the item don't sell. But also great time to find stuff that are under-priced since there is so much items there is got to have a few of them slip through the crack.

I recently realized just how little of my collection had seen the light of day in the last decade. I'd buy items, display them as a set while they were current on a shelf or two, and then package them up. So I sold off a bunch of them, and I feel like I did alright. I lost money on a few, like the real gear figures, which is understandable since they're so anonymous. But things balanced out overall, I certainly did alright on figures with character. I was able to redirect what I'd earned into a more streamlined collection, focusing on G1 toys from the 2010 line and up. Bought a legitimate Gnaw, an illegitimate Springer, original Star Saber and Victory Leo, as well as a couple of Toshiba Tablet laptops for my high school yearbook staff to play with (tax deduction!). I've still got the figures I've always found the most aesthetically pleasing, the futurist toys that came out of the 2010 and Headmasters lines, as well my weird and wonderful BWII and Neo figures... And I've still got more to sell.

As far as pricing. It's whatever the market will bare. If past completed auctions demonstrate that something will sell for a higher than expected price, that's what I'll start the bidding near. The only thing that makes eBay unpleasant is knowing that for every twenty items you sell, particularly in the transformers toy market, at least five of the "winners" will need to marked as nonpaying bidders before they pay, and at least one of them never will.

That's right, no fee for auction style listing for the month regardless of starting price. The good stuff is still selling though, I've been outbid twice for a reissue targetmaster hot rod because I refuse to pay anywhere near the $100 (price plus shipping) that they usually go for.

i saw some us bidder asking for $70 for leader class starscream.. this was like two days ago. whenever i see stuff like that, i can't help myself but tell them that they are ridiculous.

within the next few weeks i'm probably going to throw up a ton of figures on ebay, .. for cheap, probably buy it now prices at $5 for all deluxes, $10 for voyagers, unless they're like a bad unwanted voyager then i'll go $5 or $7.

As far as pricing. It's whatever the market will bare. If past completed auctions demonstrate that something will sell for a higher than expected price, that's what I'll start the bidding near. The only thing that makes eBay unpleasant is knowing that for every twenty items you sell, particularly in the transformers toy market, at least five of the "winners" will need to marked as nonpaying bidders before they pay, and at least one of them never will.

That right there pisses me off. Why would I want to start with a high bid? Sorry man but that puts people off and why some people will make new accounts just to bid and win then not pay. I don't do that but I do mark the seller as Not worth my time

i actually went on to ebay after that episode of Pawn Stars with that huge lot, their were a couple on their but 1-5 bids on the 3 lots i saw and they were 2000 $ for a bunch of really nice boxed TF's, so i would say yeah its a horrible time to put them on Ebay

Archived