Why do people hate the Transformer movie by Michael Bay

darkguy3000

Michael Bay made the 2007 Transformers movie and he also made Revenge of The Fallen. It seems some Transformers fans REALLY hate those movie. I honestly did like those movies and thought they were awesome. The live action movies aren't the only Transformers franchise that I saw. I have seen the G1 cartoon and Beast War.

My question is why do people (mostly transformers fans) hate the Transformers movie by Michael Bay. I'm just curious, I'm not going to judge you or anything like that. I just want to know your opinion.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For myself, i only truly hate revenge of the fallen. i feel that they ruined and messed up g1 history and whatnot. now it may be because i just love g1 and want nothing except continuation of that. i do like the movieverse for its figures and added story line up until rotf. the movie i also felt was trying to please everyone and kinda ruined it for me with the twins and stuff like that. just figured id add in my two cents.

SWSW

:con

The movies are eye candy. The script is pure crap. Combine that with certain actors who couldn't act out of a paper bag and voila!

The movies are eye candy. The script is pure crap. Combine that with certain actors who couldn't act out of a paper bag and voila!

This. All of the crappy designs and action mindfucks that Bay throws at us could be forgivable if only there was a coherent plot. Not so much for the 2007 movie which wasnt bad, namely ROTF which has a plot so bad, I couldn't sit thru a second viewing.

This. All of the crappy designs and action mindfucks that Bay throws at us could be forgivable if only there was a coherent plot. Not so much for the 2007 movie which wasnt bad, namely ROTF which has a plot so bad, I couldn't sit thru a second viewing.

I agree with Breaker. The 2007 movie wasnt really that bad. ROTF was crap because of a few things:

1. Durring the extra Imax footage in forest fight, I did not really see a point in it. What I considered that part to be is just random violence.

2. Skids, Mudflap, Wheelie and Jetfire. ROTF could due without them

3. Unlike the first movie, the ROTF "story line" was all fantasy. The first movie's "story line" seemed more realistic. ROTF was all made up, I say.

4. The characters and explosions all were very detailed, but the animation and transformations look fake at times. Especially the Twins. Thats why I consider the "Bayformers" movies like Beast Wars and Beast Machines.

Its because in order to be a TF fan, you have to hate the product, but 10 years later you will love it. Remember Beast Wars/Machines?

Many fans have always liked Beast Wars. No one with a brain likes Beast Machines.

Over time I have come to enjoy the first Bay Transformers movie. Don't get me wrong, there are some great scenes in that movie (the Barricade/Bumblebee chase was great), but overall I was disappointed. RotF was, in my opinion, awful.

My big gripes are:

1. the transformer designs - I felt the movie designs and transformations were so overly complex, for no other purpose than to show "hey, look what we can do". A lot of it did not seem to make any sense to me. As a G1 guy, They could have made some truly amazing CGI transformers that kept some of the G1 heritage and cleaner design and transformation concepts.

2. bots with stupid human characteristics - I did not miss Jazz. I was actually glad Megatron ripped him in half. His dialogue was stupid and contributed to the overall dumbing down of the move experience. RotF was a billion times worse with the twins.

3. truly awful dialogue - these movies went for the cheap easy laugh every single time. Did the writers think no one but 11 year old kids would watch these movies? I bet if they gave a report of the average age of movie-goers for these 2 films, the male 25-35+ bracket would be the clear winner. Why couldn't these have been smart movies? Look at Inception... people will still flock to visually stunning movies that also make you think a little bit.

4. Michael Bay - look at his movies, namely Armageddon, Pearl Harbor... the type of humor and movie in the Transformers movies are here as well. This is the type of movie he makes... great special effects, explosions, huge things going on, but juvenile dialogue and humor.

I had hoped with Steven Spielberg's name attached to this franchise, that he would offset Bay's tendencies, and maybe to some extent he did in the first movie, but definitely not in the second.

Those are my gripes!

Archived