New Looks at Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy Robot Images!

Peter_Van

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P

I'm gonna have to agree with the peeps saying that there's a hot rod in there.

I think theres plenty in that back kibble that can make up a roof for Hotrod

hotrod.jpg

The area i have labeled as "back of car seems to have a similar curve as the legs.... plus those legs definately look as though they do some not-so-standard transforming.

Also something else of note. Looking at the bot modes, it seems they've taken the top half stylyed from Hotrod(mainly chest area) and the bottom from Rodimus Prime(no visable wheels, general curvy shape to the legs)

rod-similar.jpg

Also a quick photoshop colour:

mp-rod.jpg

What do you think?

If you look at my earlier pic that shows the back of G1 toon Hot Rod, you can clearly see the vents you found on that "back of car" panel. This is looking like case closed. We're getting MP Hot Rod with our Rodimus. I hope he has a compartment for the MP-01 matrix. :D

Who wants to bet there's store exclusive MP Targetmaster Crystal and Dark Hot Rod coming down the pipes without the camper/trailer but at the same price?

I could see $70 or even $80, so, lets see what Hasbro will do down the road, I'm in no rush.

Oh, come on. Using your logic, MP Convoy is just a rolling box hauling another rolling box worth about $30. :)

everytime I look at this figurre I see something new.

in pics 7&10, u can literally trace out a large windscreen for hotrod mode.. it seems to support the opening vehicle kokpit like in the movie where Dan got out . there seems to be another hood within which is not the one he sports in robot mode, hinting at a possible matrix compartment..

tucked under the hinge between the hood and the windshield appears to be a darkened object which might be the location of his turbo, thou I might be mistaken.

the entire upper chest including the collar is a single piece hinting the application of diecast. same goes for his biceps.

everything on this 'hotrod' does not seem to correspond to the squashed cab in prime mode and looks none other than a shell accesory put over the car in docking position, Lol.

That's another Masterpiece on my Hit List. I'd always hoped we'd get a Classics version of Rodimus Prime, but this will do nicely. The robot mode looks decent, which is how I tend to display my TF's anyway (with the exception of my MP Skywarp, and, if I can get hold of him, MP Grimlock).

I wonder how big the 'bot mode is compared to the other MP's. I think Grimlock turned out way too undersized. I hope it's not the same case here.

I guess a MP Galvatron IS on the way (hopefully, it'll be easier to get hold of than MP Megatron), but I'm expecting a Masterpiece Shockwave or Jetfire to turn up before then.

If that water bottle is the same size or nears as the one I have in my room, I would say he's about 8-9" tall.

He looks kind of fat with those lights sticking out. I'm hoping they can tuck in to differentiate between HR and RP.

My take:

opticscopy.jpg

I like this analysis of MP Rodimus Convoy. I hope it is true that this toy is both Hot Rod and Rodimus. I think it would make a lot sense. I don't want to generalize things here, but Rodimus Prime is Hot Rod, only bigger.

Archived