New Looks at Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy Robot Images!

Peter_Van

I wonder though, what (if any) are going to be the little acessories he comes with?

Those are kinda becoming a highligt of the MP line for me.

I'll bet a fishing rod and a Matrix (and knowing Takara I wouldn't be surprised if he has a chest compartment to store it in ;) )

I take those...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder though, what (if any) are going to be the little acessories he comes with?

Those are kinda becoming a highligt of the MP line for me.

I'll bet a fishing rod and a Matrix (and knowing Takara I wouldn't be surprised if he has a chest compartment to store it in ;) )

I take those...

he had some good alternate hand tools too. Maybe some of those and a daniel to chop up.

He's gotta have his pizza slicer of doom, surely... And it would be cool if they gave you a SW style figure of Daniel. allthough I'd prefer him in an exo suit

As awesome of an idea it is, Hot Rod for the cab doesn't look feasible. Check out the size of the cab portion vs robot mode pics. I'm thinking its going to be similar to G1 Rodimus Primes toy and dem legs will be part of the trailer section in vehicle mode.

I'd love to be wrong though.

The more pics I see, the less I am interested in picking him up. The Price, and I'm not real fond of RP, but I was hoping from some real innovation with this figure.... I wonder how many units they are going to produce?

lol can't u guys see it!? haha it's absolutely amazing!!!! it DOES change into the hotrod car aswell!!!!! if u look at his forarms.. there's actually a door for the hotrod carmode on the inner forarm... an if u move down to his calves , there are wheels on both sides .. and if u look ridiculously close.. on the back part of his calves, those pointy things are actually exhaust for his carmode hidden behind!!!

kudos Tamara!!! kudos!!!

lol can't u guys see it!? haha it's absolutely amazing!!!! it DOES change into the hotrod car aswell!!!!! if u look at his forarms.. there's actually a door for the hotrod carmode on the inner forarm... an if u move down to his calves , there are wheels on both sides .. and if u look ridiculously close.. on the back part of his calves, those pointy things are actually exhaust for his carmode hidden behind!!!

kudos Tamara!!! kudos!!!

It does seem like they are going to try and make the removable car part more detailed than it was. The kibble on the back, arms, and calves certainly points in that direction, as does the transforming gun.

And for the record, the original G1 Rodimus had four wheels without his trailer as well. the second set were just orange plastic integrated into his legs to support his weight, since the only join between the cab and trailer was a silver tab behind the spoiler.

They'd be smart to do it that way. A full Hot Rod style car underneath opens up more repaint and remold possibilities.

i was also studying the robot mode pics and came to the conclusion that he might have a car mode. im glad theres others who're backing this theory up..

question is, if there is a car mode.. why would they not show us along with the bot a truck mode? would it not help justify the pricepoint and retailers trying to sell preorders?

where in the world are you guys getting this from?

if there is a car under there,.. then it's the FATTEST ugliest un-hot rod looking car ever.

the pieces on his inner forearms look more like slots to peg into place.

those pieces on the back of his robot mode are the pieces that cover up his back, after all the cab and the trailer are two separate pieces.

there are wheels on his legs because they fit under the cab.. so they need to be there so that his legs don't drag on the floor..

and if i'm wrong.. then something must be done to the front of the car.. the front of the car looks terrible if it is infact a car.

kudos Tamara!!! kudos!!!

kudos Tamara!!! kudos!!!

It does seem like they are going to try and make the removable car part more detailed than it was. The kibble on the back, arms, and calves certainly points in that direction, as does the transforming gun.

And for the record, the original G1 Rodimus had four wheels without his trailer as well. the second set were just orange plastic integrated into his legs to support his weight, since the only join between the cab and trailer was a silver tab behind the spoiler.

They'd be smart to do it that way. A full Hot Rod style car underneath opens up more repaint and remold possibilities.

i was also studying the robot mode pics and came to the conclusion that he might have a car mode. im glad theres others who're backing this theory up..

question is, if there is a car mode.. why would they not show us along with the bot a truck mode? would it not help justify the pricepoint and retailers trying to sell preorders?

where in the world are you guys getting this from?

if there is a car under there,.. then it's the FATTEST ugliest un-hot rod looking car ever.

the pieces on his inner forearms look more like slots to peg into place.

those pieces on the back of his robot mode are the pieces that cover up his back, after all the cab and the trailer are two separate pieces.

there are wheels on his legs because they fit under the cab.. so they need to be there so that his legs don't drag on the floor..

and if i'm wrong.. then something must be done to the front of the car.. the front of the car looks terrible if it is infact a car.

The only exposed parts of the robot in combined mode for Rodimus are the hood, front fenders/arms, front wheels, windshield, and the very tip of the yellow wing. If they are following the G1 transformation scheme as far as the torso (every good Hot Rod/Rodimus figure has) his BACK will end up on the bottom of the cab, so covering kibble isn't necessary. (Unless the entire torso is a faux hood like Optimus's chest grill?)

untitled.jpg

In that backpack, I see the wing spoiler, the windshield, and at least one other panel I can't identify with what looks suspiciously like Hot Rod's G1 movie taillights sticking out. They don't appear attached to the torso/engine block, but to the waist on a thin spine like MP Megatron's head and arms. The legs look like they might collapse down with the wheels folded out. There are exhaust pipes on the legs that would be completely covered when attached to the trailer and aren't on any G1' toon Rodimus I've ever seen. Has to be some reason for them. The rifle has two handles and two sets of wings and joints for... something. G1 Rodimus's rifle had only one handle and set of wings. But... Hot Rod came with two small winged pistols that were both reminiscent of Rodimus's rifle. Seems likely that this rifle can split into Hot Rod's two pistols.

I'm not saying that we're getting a perfect G1 accurate Hot Rod thrown in. But they seem to be trying for something better than the front half of Hot Rod with two giant orange legs sticking out behind. That's what I had to use for Hot Rod as a kid once Optimus came back. My parents didn't like the idea of buying the same character twice.

i'd be happy with hot rod.. and like i said, if there ends up being one.. if the front of the car is the front of the cab.. it'll probably look hideous.

one of the aspects of this that makes me think MAYBE there is a hot rod there.. is that in one of the photos i've seen, it looks like he has the ability to change faces.. sort of similar to the seekers.. maybe there's a hot rod face, and a rodimus face.

i still think IF there is a hot rod.. it's not going to be cartoon accurate.

Archived