TFA Arcee

Acknowledging some picture references from tfwiki.net and seibertron.com

contents:

# 1 Arcee supercar

# 1 wing kibble

# 2 swords

# 1 blister pack/card backed

Background:

It took HasTak all this years to finally make a direct homage to everyone's favorite fembot from the 1986 movie

th_250px-Animatedarcee.jpg

............as in she actually transforms into a car.

th_t_tomy-arcee-040.jpg

Though also borrowing from the recent hermaphrobot IDW storyline, she also comes with two energon swords to better cut you with (I'm looking at you Jhiaxus)

th_300px-Animatedtoy-Arcee.jpg

Review:

Anyway back to the lady herself. The stylized design fits her well. How the engineers of Takara fit her lithe body into the cybertronian car mode and still come out looking feminine is a feat itself (I'm looking at you Override)

Other gimmicks include light piping:

th_Picture017-1.jpg

Btw, the highlighted details are my customs to make her look more like her animation art work, including lip gloss

Kibbles? Well she has those twin ailerons which gives her a futuristic look but IMHO ruins her visage.

th_Picture016-1.jpg

You can also stick/store her energon blades into her rear...............fender(?) ( that becomes her shoulder armor in robot mode)

th_t_tomy-arcee-033.jpg

Articulation? I count 10. Though the amount of poses are kind of limited (especially her front wind shield which prevents her from actually sitting properly)

th_Picture012-1.jpg

Differences with Hasbro's?

Matte finish, silver autobot sigils (a second run of the Hasbro version is said to have a slightly different finish) and some additional/changes in paint apps on her feet and torso.

My actual unit:

th_Picture010.jpg

full body shot

th_Picture013-1.jpg

"Mission accomplished........sir!"

th_Picture014-1.jpg

Slice and dice baby!

Complaints?

Heard that constant holding of her energon blades tends to break her thumbs. So, unless you've got two versions of her, avoid doing so like a plague.

Her neck is also too......thin, if not handled carefully, it's a stress point which may lead to breakage.

Price: Good and bad or is it due to Hasbro's idiotic system of distribution? A lot of scalpers have made a killing off her. She was quite hard to find as a TRU exclusive. but lately, there were reports that TRU sold her on-line as a buy 1 take 1 50% off promo so go figure.

The Takara version too is quite hard to find, (not sure if the Japan version too is a limited release or just that demand for her is also as high)

Rating:

4.8/5.0 owing to the fact that we finally have the closest official thing to the original. So nostalgia on my part plays a huge factor on my rating.

Good luck finding one brothers!

There's actually a way to prevent the use of the swords form breaking her thumbs. You need to shave the edges of the handles down a little, particularly on the perpendicular edges, then slightly round off the corners.

Archived