Hail to the King! Predaking!

Fenrir72

This is in honor of the upcoming 3rd pressing of the "King" of the G1 combiners!

Contents:

#5 Predacon mechanimals (die-cast version)

#1 sonic sword

#1 Predaking head

#1 X-ray canon

#2 spiked fists

#2 canon feet

#1 wing glider thingie

a lot of kibbles from the various mechs' weapon

#5 instruction manuals

Pictures:

th_Picture-1.jpg

Weapons

th_Picture022-1.jpg

Close up face

th_Picture012.jpg

Goliooooooon!

th_Picture015.jpg

Full body shot

th_Picture014.jpg

Right side

th_Picture020-1.jpg

"Blazing sword"

th_Picture018-1.jpg

th_Picture019-1.jpg

The guy's so big I need two shots of his back

th_Picture017.jpg

Toes of doom!

th_Picture016.jpg

Left side of his legs

Background:

Either a minion of the Quintessons ( in the DW and anime universe), Megatron's primo hatchet men (IDW) or plain old hunters, this group is among the most wanted of the Destron gestalts. With a similar temperment like the recently released Piranacon, this beast mechanimal transformers know how to use their killer instinct. In his bio, he has no peer (well except for his royal awesomeness Sky lynx). His most finest hour (and animation) IMHO was in the Season 3 episode "Call of the Primitives".

All this PR and I almost didn't buy him back in 1991(he was btw my first combiner).

Similar to Devastar/Devastator, this combiner had to follow a specific combining sequence: Razor Claw (main torso),Headstrong and Tantrum feet even though Rampage and Divebomb (serving as his arms contrary to popular belief, can be interchangeable)

At first look, his colors (orange/yellow/black )are like meehhhhh but it does grow on you. He is quite heavy but very stable (thanks to Tantrum and Headstrong's back pack canons. He's got a Go-lion/Daltanious lion head on his chest (caused a lot of controversy back then with Bandai). Owing to the greatness (I'm not backing out from the statement) of the QC back then, this 'bot of mine is as tight as a virgin. smooth molding, clickty click locking of the connections. To add more to his being a bad@ss, his fists are like spiked!, like them street gang thugs! Poor Bruticus never knew what hit him (reference DW storyline)

Is there anything wrong with this figure, due to old age, his dang labels (especially Razorclaw) keep on pealing off. and he tends to slouch forward.

He also sports some articulation, 9 in fact, so he was also somewhat advance for his time.

So in honor of the upcoming fall release (which also looks awesome), the "King" will be making a comeback.....again.....and is sure to be sold out!

Rating:

When I first bought him...............I found it ugly so 2/5. But after all these years, he did grow on me...............4.99/5

Yeah. Not much posability there but it doesn't really matter.

My Divebomb can barely support the weight of itself cause the peg isn't tight anymore but with a little coxing it can stay straight out pointing the cannon.

Wish the wings weren't so loosy goosy either. With that crazyDevy wing add on they should havew givin us new wings entirely for the price they're asking for.....48.99!!! is crazy money for just some sleeves that slide over.

Still glad i own him though. The Predacons look great displayed as a team not in combined mode too though. That would be, IMO, the only reason to have two Predakings.

Archived