Thrust

Fenrir72

Finally..........a more affordable version of G1 inspired Thrust!

Contents:

(Please note that I added several destron sigils to cover the "white" ones printed by Hasbro)

th_IMG_1405.jpg

Jet Mode VTOL

th_IMG_1406.jpg

robot mode (front)

th_IMG_1411.jpg

close up face

th_IMG_1422.jpg

chrome cockpit

th_IMG_1417.jpg

back

th_IMG_1416.jpg

functional VTOL blades

#1 Thrust (custom F-15) with functional VTOL (Vertical take off and Landing) accessory

#2 missile holders

#2 machine guns

#2 VTOL accessories

#1 blister pack

#1 box

Background:

One of the three "cone heads" of G1 , Thrust together with Ramjet were released back in 1985. Sporting different sets of wings(and missiles) from Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp, they were rendered a bit differently by Floro Dery, which made owners then transform them with the nosecones standing up.

Fast forward 25 years and Hasbro released the classics versions. Unfortunately they never received a mass release (for Dirge and Thrust anyway). Then Takara released their own exclusive versions......again waaaaay expensive.

Now we are fortunate that a mass release version has just been re-issued.

An odd thing is, it is a virtual carbon copy of the Ganbo version (with the exception of some paint apps and destron sigils). His cockpit by the way is chromed.............an oddity in the international releases.

Again as previously mentioned, he's got functional VTOL accessories (it actually spins), not sure if the original 1985 release also was functional. Like the original, his missiles are the default machine guns, which this time, thanks to the shorter wings, allows you to pose him pointing the machine guns without it getting in the way (that is if you pose the wings correctly).

PVC/ABS plastic molding is neat and smooth..........no noticeable degradation at all. Machine guns fit well, joints are tight and all.........and no two left feet.

Face paint apps is anime accurate.........as in yellow optics(the normal destrons have red optics) and whiteface paint. He's maroon color(it is maroon right?) greatly replicates his original G1 incarnation.

One thing I noticed though, his instruction manual have his wings mis transformed( no surprise on how "helpful" the modern instruction manuals are today)........and no more twisty ties(yay!)

If I have any complaints, it's the packaging....it .......... well ruins the box once it is opened(can't Hasbro copy henkei's packaging style?)

Rating: 4.9 out of 5.0 (nitpicking on the packaging otherwise a real steal for it's price).

Im gonna be PISSED if i dont get the Generations toyline! WM and Kmart have NOTHING new!!!! Wmart just got in 15 sideways and blowpipes, and some Universe Hardheads with Fearswoops by the ton! I mean, COME ON Walmart??!! WTF :wtf SeriouslY? Why cant they just order the new stuff? I dont get it. PLUS i have no TRU here/.

However, i have a KOWL's here that has HFTD figs (wave 1 dlx & scouts only) for 14.99 and 10.99 with 10% off (13.49 and 9.89) So AT LEAST i can get my Ironhide and Bee fix! I think im gonna half to order the Generations through BBTS if WM doesnt get theirs in next month ... EARLY!

The reason im posting is i want to know what you mean by Henkei's packaging? How is it better storing wise?

Also, another thing i didnt know about a new fig reviewed many times. Spinning VTOLS@!!!! lol ANother thing i know now thanks to you! Kudos! :)

henkei you can re-seal 'em back. Hasbro, you tear of the glued blister plastics.

I was pretty sure thats what you meant anyway, im just curious as to HOW its different? Do you have a verbal comment thats as good as a visual aid? (a explanation that tells how/what to do to achieve this).

If your talking about the boxes i have plenty of those in JPNs, but the card backs im curious what uou mean.

Archived