G1 Devastator

Fenrir72

".......prepare for extermination......!"

Remember that booming voice in Transformers: the Movie?

Well, I finally got my self a near honest to goodness copy of the original.

Front view:

DSC01000.jpg

Back view:

DSC01002.jpg

Right view:

DSC01001.jpg

Left view:

DSC00998.jpg

Close up:

DSC00999.jpg

Box: G1 art style complete with oh so environmentally friendly styrofoam

A lot of spelling errors(intentional?) in the box(mostly in the instruction manual)

Contents:

6 "Contructicons"

1 tech spec decoder

Accessories(fists, drills,missiles,guns,etc)

2 big label sheets

6 rub signs

Description:

Mold:

a near perfect copy of the original, smooth and not cruddy compared the G2 re-issue which was a pack of sh#t mold wise.

In fact, I believe the manufacturers used the "Diaclone" mold for Longhaul. Why you may ask?, Checked the numerous pics and held an orig G1 version, the front fender has a rectangular hole which should have supported his "V" wing chest guard.

Colors are a cool "avocado" green, though certain parts (Scavenger's steam shovel, Scrapper's and Bonecrusher's roof, Hook's hook and Longhaul's hip guard and "missiles") are a tad bit lighter avocado yellow.

His purple is neat (comparing Mixmaster's chest though, my orig japanese version had his chest painted over with a glossy purple, this version), this version, all are just molded purple.

Die-cast: Yes(!) for Hook and Scavenger

Chrome: smooth and shiny( unlike the G2 re-isse which was again a POS!)

Accesories:

Everything fits right. Though his missile/fist holders tend to fire a lot.

Now the negatives:

Scavenger's foot is loose.....as in very. Not sure if it's just in my version

Label sheet a mix bag.

Let me elaborate, the original Transformers, some labels are already applied, this one...................nada!

So it is provided separately and printed on a metallic like label, trouble is, not all are printed on this label.

Two pieces (one on Hook and Longhaul) are printed on uber cheapo paper label

The label sheet for each individual 'cons are also printed on this cruddy label(the originals are printed on a metallic type sheet.)

Why the company didn't print it on the same type of paper is beyond me...........

Paint apps:

Spot on and very neat, no smudging on his face.

Trademark:

The made in Japan/Takara stamp are non existent, only the "Hasbro" prints.

Overall, should we buy it? A knock-off?

The quality is really good, if you aren't familiar with this unit, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference (besides the box which has a different print quality)

The molds are really neat, not like the KO's found in the Malls

Price? A C9 Devastator would cost around US 200 (you're not event sure if the quality of the plastic which might break due to aging) so this is the next best thing to the real one (so long as you don't pull a fast one and sell it as an original)

Overall(labels aside ) satisfaction 4/5. Get one if you don't have one or at least until Takara decides to release one.

Touch and go miss my friend. The source I got it from is now sold out. I'll pm you the site if you like.

I was just curious as to how much it costs. IF i get a Devasator, i will either buy it first hand where i can view and hold it as i buy it, OR a reissue, assuming Has-Tak ever comes out with one.

Archived