Masterpiece Rodimus Prime?

l2c

poor, poor fansprojects. I had been wanting a new Rodimus Prime, and considered there upcoming upgrade Classics Rodimus kit, but now I'm thinking I might as well hold off to see what Takara has up there sleeve.

This is the first masterpiece I've ever been tempted to import, rather than wait for a domestic release.

Not so fast with the "poor, poor Fansproject"...if the Masterpiece doesn't incorporate Rodimus's trailer into his robot mode (which I kind of doubt it will), then the Fansproject version is still sounding pretty awesome!

I agree. From the looks of the picture posted, it looks almost like it takes too much after the G1 figure where Rodimus slides out of the trailer. I hope MP Rodimus Prime take some cues from the Titanium Rodimus Prime Figure.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If MP Rodimus Prime is large enough, he won't need to combine with the trailer. And don't forget that the majority of the FansProject trailer serves as a base, with only a few add-on parts to turn Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime.

Definitely importing 3 of him. One for robot mode, one for vehicle mode, and one for MISB.

Depending on price though. I might also get the Protector add on for Rodimus so I can have him in the classics collection also

Honestly, I'd need to see the finished figure to think if it'd worth it to get it. I don't know why but the idea of a masterpiece Rodimus is for me a waist of.. time, plastic, design hours, anyways, not the most popular character IMHO, so I've never been excited about it receiving the masterpiece treatment. Perhaps when they release the hasbro version, and if it gets to a low price I'd get it.. perhaps.

Honestly, I'd need to see the finished figure to think if it'd worth it to get it. I don't know why but the idea of a masterpiece Rodimus is for me a waist of.. time, plastic, design hours, anyways, not the most popular character IMHO, so I've never been excited about it receiving the masterpiece treatment. Perhaps when they release the hasbro version, and if it gets to a low price I'd get it.. perhaps.

i believe you mean waste*

and i don't see how you figure that.. he was the autobot leader.. i think he was the logical next autobot choice.

i'm very happy that we're getting this figure. i would've preferred hot rod instead, but i'm not complaining. and i'd personally prefer that his trailer wasn't incorporated into his robot mode, primes wasn't. both basically* disappeared in the cartoon. plus it'll allow for a more accurate robot mode. which unlike the G1 figure won't just be a skinny block.

i think it's a little harsh to say that this was a "waist" of time, plastic, design hours (which is just a different way of saying time).

which autobot would you rather have had given the masterpiece treatment?

Wow, alot of comments on just a drawing....I will wait for an actual prototype pic before I even comment about the figure.

I hope that they really surprise us and raise the bar a little for the MP line.

I am hoping for a Hot Rod that can convert to Rodimus Prime. How awesome would that be? Oh well, here's hoping! :shrug

I don't really care for the figure they chose, but it makes total sense as he was the leader.

I really want to see some Triple Changer MP figures. Those would be worth a $200+ price tag if they are done right. 2 Alt modes and Robot!

Is it weird that I'm excited for this solely because of Alternators Rodimus (Prime)? I liked that figure so much I want bigger and badder version.

... seriously, Alt Rodimus was such a good toy it single-handedly changed my opinion of both Hot Rod and Alternators (my only exposure to them prior was the Viper mold which I just... ugh).

I don't see anything to get excited over. It's just a character drawing. If it really means we are getting an MP, I'll be happy but this drawing doesn't show anything to suggest its a toy or give us any insight inhow it will work.

i believe you mean waste*

and i don't see how you figure that.. he was the autobot leader.. i think he was the logical next autobot choice.

i'm very happy that we're getting this figure. i would've preferred hot rod instead, but i'm not complaining. and i'd personally prefer that his trailer wasn't incorporated into his robot mode, primes wasn't. both basically* disappeared in the cartoon. plus it'll allow for a more accurate robot mode. which unlike the G1 figure won't just be a skinny block.

i think it's a little harsh to say that this was a "waist" of time, plastic, design hours (which is just a different way of saying time).

which autobot would you rather have had given the masterpiece treatment?

You're right, sorry my spelling... that's a good question indeed... I'd love to see, for instance, a masterpiece G1 bumblebee which transforms into a classic yellow VW Beetle, that'd be awesome, even with the miriads of bumblebees around after the movie was released. I respect your opinion regarding the "leadership" of rodimus as the reason for being the next masterpiece... maybe I just dind't felt it like the best moment of the series, meaning, when he was the leader... Anyways, let's wait and see the final product.

Archived