Toys you kick yourself daily for not getting..

FREEFALLL666

About 6 years ago, before I was back into TFs as much as now, I saw Armada Unicron in a toy store in the Mall of America for $25, brand new. Passed. Finally got one used about 2 years ago for more than that, ouch.

Christmas 2002, I wanted RiD Optimus Prime, the fire truck, but my wife couldn't find him. Finally got one a couple years ago, used, cracked tires, but mine!

The Ghostbusters Ecto-1 vehicle, the big one that fit the action figures. Man I would LOVE one of those, but they're pretty expensive last time I looked.

The big screen-accurate Millenium Falcon they released a year or 2 ago, it was about $150 but it was glorious. Would love one now.

One of the newer Voltron lion sets, plastic or metal, whatever. I had a complete set ages ago, bought at a small Asian gift store in Chicago. May have been a KO, as I don't think any of the loose lions said anything about Voltron. but it had lots of die-cast and it was pretty awesome. It's gone now, possibly sold or jsut packed away. Would love a new one; mine never had the Blazing Sword.

My birthday's in May if anyone's planning any surprises...

You know the Blazing Sword, and the shield were sold separately from the main original Voltron right? I still remember when I opened the blister card they came on. My dad got me Voltron from Western Auto (oddly yes they did sell toys back in the mid 80's), and my mom got me the sword, and shield set at Ames. then my little brothers destroyed all of them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toys R Us Exclusive RID Scourge (G2 Laser Optimus black repaint).....I remember seeing him saying to myself that looks cool. Then, never saw him again. I didn't get back into collecting Transformers until after that though, when the Hasbro Commemorative re-issues started showing up at TRU, but in hindsight, I wish I would have picked him up. I have the Takara G2 Laser Optimus Reissue, but the black and chrome finish on the RID Scourge figure looks awesome. If only I'd have known.... :tfsad

oOH Scourge, sheesh I had many opportunities to get him but the 2 week deliverytime from the Orient was too long. I have found teh G2 LOP but I just cant begin to consider getting him, it would feel so much like settling for 2'nd best.

Get him if you can. I always wanted this figure, and now would also love to have RID Scourge. The figure is awesome.

LOP or Scourge?

Toys R Us Exclusive RID Scourge (G2 Laser Optimus black repaint).....I remember seeing him saying to myself that looks cool. Then, never saw him again. I didn't get back into collecting Transformers until after that though, when the Hasbro Commemorative re-issues started showing up at TRU, but in hindsight, I wish I would have picked him up. I have the Takara G2 Laser Optimus Reissue, but the black and chrome finish on the RID Scourge figure looks awesome. If only I'd have known.... :tfsad

oOH Scourge, sheesh I had many opportunities to get him but the 2 week deliverytime from the Orient was too long. I have found teh G2 LOP but I just cant begin to consider getting him, it would feel so much like settling for 2'nd best.

Get him if you can. I always wanted this figure, and now would also love to have RID Scourge. The figure is awesome.

LOP or Scourge?

Laser Optimus.

It sucks i dont have a credit card to get the MOTUClassics series. I mean $20 a month aint much, & that would be cool.

But toys im "kicking" myself over would be i never saw Universe Hound, Ratchet, Dinobot, Smokescreen, Cyclonus, Hot SHot out at retail, and althogh a member here did get me a Cyclonus, i had a deal with BW to get the rest this spring but had to move out of my place (to stay with a friend) so instead i had to cancel and pack up my Transformers and put them with the rest of my entirely way to big in storage collection. I plan on downsizing when i find my next permenant place (staying in hotel for the last 5 months).

I was lucky to get a RiD Scourge complete MIB off ebay back in '07. :D heh.

RID no matter how much more I pay, or how rare any other figure will be in my collection will allways be my favorite figure. I don't know why but I just love the thing so much!

About 6 years ago, before I was back into TFs as much as now, I saw Armada Unicron in a toy store in the Mall of America for $25, brand new. Passed. Finally got one used about 2 years ago for more than that, ouch.

Christmas 2002, I wanted RiD Optimus Prime, the fire truck, but my wife couldn't find him. Finally got one a couple years ago, used, cracked tires, but mine!

The Ghostbusters Ecto-1 vehicle, the big one that fit the action figures. Man I would LOVE one of those, but they're pretty expensive last time I looked.

The big screen-accurate Millenium Falcon they released a year or 2 ago, it was about $150 but it was glorious. Would love one now.

One of the newer Voltron lion sets, plastic or metal, whatever. I had a complete set ages ago, bought at a small Asian gift store in Chicago. May have been a KO, as I don't think any of the loose lions said anything about Voltron. but it had lots of die-cast and it was pretty awesome. It's gone now, possibly sold or jsut packed away. Would love a new one; mine never had the Blazing Sword.

You know the Blazing Sword, and the shield were sold separately from the main original Voltron right? I still remember when I opened the blister card they came on. My dad got me Voltron from Western Auto (oddly yes they did sell toys back in the mid 80's), and my mom got me the sword, and shield set at Ames. then my little brothers destroyed all of them.

I have a 100% complete Voltron today.

As a kid, the only piece I had was the Black Lion, and that did come with his moth weapon and the sword and shield.

I also remeber the smaller lions in 2 packs each with their own weapons.

I'm not saying your incorrect, not at all. I am saying though, that there were alot of different ways to get the figure. The packaging variants were endless.

I just wanted to add that cause really brothers are bastards and will break your toys and always tell your new girlfriend about that time you farted.

I have a 100% complete Voltron today.

As a kid, the only piece I had was the Black Lion, and that did come with his moth weapon and the sword and shield.

I also remeber the smaller lions in 2 packs each with their own weapons.

I'm not saying your incorrect, not at all. I am saying though, that there were alot of different ways to get the figure. The packaging variants were endless.

I just wanted to add that cause really brothers are bastards and will break your toys and always tell your new girlfriend about that time you farted.

THIS is why I nominated you to STAFF.

Archived