Do you still have any Transformer toys from your Childhood?

ice_wolf74

Even as a kid I was more of a DISPLAYER than one to play with them. They sat on 2 shelves in my closet, and I even put a pad lock on the closet to keep my younger brother out of them when I was gone. Kid brothers! lol As I got older and lost interest in TFers (since they began to look more like McDonald happy meals) and got more into Football, cars, women, and other things in life -- they all found their way into a box - and were not released from that prison until a little less than a year ago. The Binaltech line got me back into TFers, then I fell in love with the Maspterpiece line. I tried to give the MOVIE line a try - but they lost me after their many toy flub ups after the last movie. But the collection did make me finally get some good curios to display them in - so now the ORIGINALS from my childhood are back on display. I have added a few G1's to them in order to complete the set i'm after.. but as far as my originals... I have

Prime

All 5 dinobots (good condition - even swoops head stays up and doesn't fall down as many do)

Jazz

Mirage

bluestreak

Ironhide

Prowl

Trailbreaker

Wheeljack

Jetfire

Brawn

Gears

Cliffjumper (yellow version)

Huffer

** I had Bumblebee - but he was one of my few casualties - fell apart, got thrown away many years ago)

Megatron

all the constructicons

Soundwave (with Buzzsaw; Ravage; Rumble)

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

All of them are in very good condition, and not missing any parts, no broken pieces and most have descent joints. Mirage's front end in car mode is probably the loosest. Otherwise, most everything is in very good condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I basically have the entire lines not including repaints of Armada through Cybertron figures as I was growing up. There are a few I never got but most of them I did get. Since I wasn't born around the G1 time I never could get the G1 guys. I do have some now though. I have lost a few of either parts or some of the minicons. Losing sparkplug really bothers me even to today but I will try and find him one day. For some reason I didn't get into beast wars so I didn't have any of those except for the ones used as armada molds.

Yes, I still have RotF Leader Starscream, I'm still a kid at heart...

All joking aside, yes I still have my original BW Megatron, though his dino chest snapped off a long time ago. I also have a broken beat down Six Shot my cousin gave me when I was little and he just started to grow out of TFs...

This is a topic that generates huge distress for me. I was 10 in 84. These things were beyond cool for a five year

old But a ten year olds mind just explodes attempting to contemplate the coolness that was the toon, the toy, the

movie a most golden era and truly epic. Alas, years went by and along came interest in girls which bred neglect.

Not to the point of damage ever, but my mom saw fit to give them all to my cousins overseas. Just shipped out all

my old GI Joes And TFs.Gone into the abyss of casual playthings for indifferent children cast off into

non-collector non-Fan oblivion.

THE HORROR.Youth is truly wasted on the young for had I known then what I know now. Hindsight is 20/20. At 15 you

just felt too old to still enjoy toys (silly silly child) even though I still enjoyed toys. Thought that even if I

still wanted them, that it would somehow change(never). So We lost touch until armada which is when I realized

that they (hasbro) where making car robots again and not beast wars stuff(Rid would have been first but I had no

idea it was happening :the return of the cars). Game on. Haven't looked back (except partially while bay and

animated had their reign)since. But to the initial question, none. I have none left from G1 and don't care to list

my losses thanks for not hating try to forgive that's what I've done and it sometimes works. The appearance of the

classics/generations is however alleviating some of the self-hate. G1 is mainly nostalgia, would I want them back

in place of the stuff I've since collected ? NO WAY THIS STUFF IS SO COOL.

I still have most of my childhood TF's. A few of the more beat up ones I sold on ebay once I got the reissues. For example, my original Bumblebee's left foot had fallen off and was glued onto the right one.

did you disclose this in your ebay ad when you sold it?? Just curious, since you brought it up.

From my early childhood, I only have Pretender Bumblebee (TF only, no case) and Powermaster Prime. I gave away the rest of my collection to my cousins who destroy everything. I had Trypicon, Sideswipe, all the non-bundled cassettes, and more. But I still have my entire Beast Wars from my early teens.

Do I have the exact same toys I had back when I was a kid? No.

Do I have toys that I did when I was a kid? Hell yeah.

I grew up with Beast Wards and I remember that I pretty much had a complete set back then (yeah, spoiled as a kid). Unfortunatley I too had one of those "Toy Extinction" phases where all my toys got hauled off in garbage bags thanks to my parents. To this day I get ticked off and what a waste that was.

Still have some toys I had back then, Optimal Optimus, TM3 Megatron, stuff like that, the Beast Wars "essentials" I guess I would say.

Archived