Do you still have any Transformer toys from your Childhood?

ice_wolf74

G2 was on the loose when I was old enough to really care about (or remember toys). I have my G2 Seaspray and Beachcomber, theyre minty fresh!!!

I also got a little (Micromaster?) guy, G1 Lightspeed, Powermaster Prime's trailer and partner, those guys who TFd into hot rods that had the light up engines, I have 3 of the G2 Cyberjets including my fav: Hooligan (hes minty fresh!), G2 Bruticus and about 2 or 3 extra Vortexs (Ro-Tor?) beyond that. I still have all my BW toys too. Oh and I have an Overkill, Slugfest and Squawktalk that have seen better days. Squawktalk in particular had his wings clipped for no other reason then I thought they were too long when I was a kid :redface

I dont really care about collecting from G1 (or anything before BW really), unless they are Soundwaves or cassettes.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wreck-Gar, Slag, Strafe, Bomb-Burst and Skullgrin are what's left from my childhood. My only other Transformer as a kid was Targetmaster Hot Rod, and I sold him several years ago when I was out of work.

I remember TargetMaster Hotrod going for something like 600+ bucks MISB back in the late nineties to early 2000's. He was a very sought after figure back in the day. Not sure what the loose version of him went for though. Anyways, I could see why you sold him since I am sure you made bank off of him. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to go back to my mom's house to get them, but I know I have Dirge, Red Alert, Tracks, Seaspray, Cosmos, Bumblebee, 2/3 of the insecticons, a couple constructicons, and a few others, hopefully still with their weapons and stuff. Of course I've since gotten them all either new, newer, or as reissues, but I still want to get those original ones back!

My mom threw out my whole gen1 and gen2 collection when I turned 13.......the only thing I still have is gen2 optimus prime voice box piece that connected to the black trailer. :tfsad

What the fuck is up with moms and throwing away toys?

My mom threw out my whole gen1 and gen2 collection when I turned 13.......the only thing I still have is gen2 optimus prime voice box piece that connected to the black trailer. :tfsad

What the f*** is up with moms and throwing away toys?

women... this reminds me of when my dad and uncle told me that a my grandma threw out their baseball card collection. my dad and uncle were kids during the 50's. think about it... imagine the cards they had!! not over-printed ones of today...

anyways...

i still got my first g1 cliffjumper. i've had to repair him due to rust but won't get rid of him. i have about 85% of my g1's i got when i was a kid. for some sick reason i sold some at a garage sell. but i still have:

fortress maximus

scorpinok

two constructicons

galvatron

mindwipe

that headmaster crocidile guy(can't recall his name)

powermaster prime

my autobot cassettes

my decepticon cassettes (i found one at a park)

my jetfire which my aunt gave me

just to name a few

ticks me off about fortress maximus is that mine didn't come with cogs gun. at the time i didn't care... NOW I DO!!!

I kept ALL OF THEM! I was a Transformers freak from the moment they were released in 1984. Honestly, I can't even list all the originals I have. Luckily, I was always pretty careful with them, even as a kid...the only couple to ever break, were done by neighbor kids I'd play with (grrrrr!). One of which was Hook of the Constructicons. Luckily I was able to get the G2 version as a replacement.

This isn't all of them by a long shot, but I know I have these off the top of my head:

Optimus Prime

Megatron (broken arm though)

Soundwave with every U.S. cassette

Constructicons (all)

Dinobots (all)

Insecticons (original 3, plus two of the "delux")

Combaticons (all)

Jetfire (broken shoulder...but still transforms and poses nicely)

Terrorcons (all)

Monsterbot Doublecross

Hound, Jazz, Prowl, Trailbreaker

Skywarp (my first Transformer!)

Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Huffer, Gears, Seaspray, I don't remember who else, but I know I have many more little guys...

Protectobot Firstaid

Aerialbot Silverbolt

Shockwave

Rodimus Prime

Hotrod

Cyclonus

Scourge

Galvatron

Springer

Astrotrain

Omega Supreme

Metroplex

Scorponok

Seacons Skalor and Overbite

Pretender Monsters/Monstructor (all)

Ugh...that's all I can think of from the top of my head. I have many more Targetmasters and Pretenders, but I never was good with their names! Besides the Constructicon "Hook" I needed as a replacement, I never got into the G2 or Machine Wars series (though I would still look at them in the stores), so that list is basically my "childhood" toys. I was sort of going through a phase where I thought I was too old for toys, and was more interested in hanging out with my friends and the home video game boom. I had an aversion to Beast Wars until I found out about the G1 connection...then I started my collecting up again and haven't stopped since! Though, I admit I'd been very selective during the R.I.D., Armada, Energon, and Cybertron days...collecting mostly Optimus and Megatron with a few select others that caught my eye. Same goes for all series since, plus some reissues here and there... :yay

Archived