Do you still have any Transformer toys from your Childhood?

ice_wolf74

Can be from any generations, but the only requirement is that they have had to been ones that you owned as a child and somehow withstood the test of time to land in your current collection of Transformer toys as an adult.

Out of all the Transformers I had a child, the only set that I currently have are the Stunticons and they are technically my brothers toys. However, he's given them to me to hold onto for safe keeping. All 5 of the figures have all been recently refurbished with newer stickers. Unfortunately, the set is not complete except for his pieces to form Menasor and Motormaster/Menasor's large gun. Granted, Motormaster has seen better days and could stand to be replaced. However, I won't replace him because that is part of our childhood.

On a side note: I did own a few Transformers that were all complete from childhood until about 6 years ago, but like a moron, I sold them all on ebay for a new PS2 videogame fix. Grrrr! I had Headmaster Brainstorm, Chromedome, Hardhead, Ultra Magnus and the Terrorcons. These were all mine from my youth, but are now in the hands of someone else...probably 5 times over by now. God, I wish I still had those figures to this day. :redface

Anyways, let me hear some of your stories. Do you still have Transformer toys from your childhood? If so, which ones.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optimus Prime and Grimlock. Both in decent shape, too; Prime's bumper had a broken end, and both stack were broken, but I got replacements from a junker Ultra Magnus. His tires were faded and hard, but he has nice newer ones too. He's looking pretty good. Still has his gun, and I gave him missiles for his base from Encore Optimus.

Grimlock is OK too, his launcher's missing. But he's still a badass.

yes.

My childhood collection I gave away when I was 13 cause I was "to old for toys" I regretted the hell out of that!!!

Then some years ago I went into my friends basement to see if I could find any of those lost treasures and I found a handful of beat to crap items. Some things I threw away like the ASir Raiders command center. I was gonna restore it, but then I got a complete one with a bunch of bonus guys for $12.

Still kept a placement launcher from that thing though

Some of the other items, again all beat up are

-GO-Bots Zod sticker wear and unfunctioning

-G1 Override loose joings and a knife stab in the windshield.

-G1 Jetfire, heavily worn, canopy missing, burn mark on the wing, only 1 piece of leg armor left but still pretty darn sturdy!!!

Theres a couple other pieces that escape me at the moments, but even all beat up, even with replacement figures bought, these stand out as survivors of the origional collection :thumb

Great topic!

I lost about 90% of my collection as a kid to a house fire. Seeing my dad shovel out that huge blob of plastic was heart wrenching. About one of my only figures that survived was hardgead, as he was not in the part of the house that burned. ghe's still in great condition apart from one sticker that has been slightly ripped.

I miss my Predaking :emo

No I sold off the entire collection after BM ruined Transformers for me. So I've had to rebuild, and still am rebuilding

I lost about 90% of my collection as a kid to a house fire. Seeing my dad shovel out that huge blob of plastic was heart wrenching. About one of my only figures that survived was hardgead, as he was not in the part of the house that burned. ghe's still in great condition apart from one sticker that has been slightly ripped.

I miss my Predaking :emo

I had a house fire when I was a kid. I guess what I lost was the actual origional collection come to think about it.

All I had though were a couple loose GIJoes, a Voltron Black Lion, and a few bits of the Car Voltron. Oh and a disney Thumper plush toy.

I do remember that all chared and melted next to a handmade CareBear lamp on the shelf I got to have in the room I shared with 3 of my brothers.

Blessing in diguise. When the house was rebuilt, I had a tinier room, but only had to share it with one brother (who'd break my figures when I wasn't around).

And people wonder why I prefer to live alone :P

Ah yes, siblings and jealousy. My brother broke my starscream figure when I received it on my third birthday. he swears he was only "getting it out the box " for me. he broke a lot of my stuff, and my other brothers. Broke his metroplex on his birthday 3 hours after getting it

lol kids are nasty.

i remember 2 figures i had, PM Prime, and Whirl. prime was my favorite toy, but i lost his big head peice after a while, and stopped playing with him. after a few moves, i found whirl again in the bottom of a box and a wave of nostalgia passed over me. whirl is still holding together pretty well, just missing his acessories and some sticker peel. im still waiting for a good whirl homage

Archived