G1 to G1/GI Joe

gkopw

(Hey look gkopw's back...)

yeah i know he is

So anyway we all know that DW has the G1 series, the War Within, and Micromasters going on, making up their G1 continuity. However, I have a question. Is their GI Joe crossover part of this continuity. I have not read the WWII story (though i will when the trade is available) and i just picked up issue one of Divided Front. Please no really big spoilers people...I am planning to read these things.

The reason I'm wondering is if I should place the comic(s) in the already established pile for the DDP crossovers, or in the pile with all DW's G1 stuff. I would appreciate an answer soon. Thanks everyone!

Also, it's possible no one will know this, but is Titan planning on releasing EVERY marvel TF comic (every issue (all 80) and every miniseries (GI Joe, Headmasters, ?Universe?, GI Joe/ G2)). I fully believe this is incredibly necessary for their success. We've already seen the Headmasters reprinted, and experienced them skipping over some issues of the normal series (why???). Any light that could be shed upon this subject as well would be greatly appreciated? :tfgrin

Unless I'm much mistaken, Pat Lee's Transformers/GI*Joe is an entirely different reality from GI*Joe vs. The Transformers.

One takes place in modern times, while the other is set during World War II (I think).

Likewise, both of those are completely seperate from the G1/WW/Micromasters continuity.

Devil's Due did G.I. Joe vs Transformers vol 1 and vol 2. Vol 2 is a followup to vol 1 and takes place within a self contained continuity that does not affect the G.I. Joe comics or any of the TF comics.

Dreamwave did Transformers/G.I. Joe vol 1 and vol 2. Vol 2 is also a sequel to vol 1. This time it takes place in 1985, and deals with the events that took place in WWII. Again, this is a self contained continuity that has no impact on the G.I. Joe comics and the TF comics.

they were in the same countuitcy in the cartoon along with Gem, and Inhumanoids. Hector Ramirez(a news reporter) apeared in all those series.

Cobra Comander was even in a seson 3 epasode called Only Human. Synthoids were in that ep too. BTW Marissa Fairborne of the EDC is the Child of Lady Jaine and Flint.

The comics had Multiple crossovers too-ask Big Grim about that.

Early on-yes, but later Marvel deseided that TF's are too powerful for the mainstream marvel countuitcy.

correct, Marvel early on wanted to TFs to be in the mainstream Marvel continuity, but later decided not too since the Marvel U has enough mega-powerful types running around. But TFs and the Joes were in the same continuity Marvel was doing both comics. Now they're only connected in each companies self contained crossovers.

Dreamwave G1 is connected to GI Joe through Marrisia Fairborne :P\

P.S. other Toylines that have connections to TFs are Beastformers/Battle Beast(Headmasters) and Gobots/Rocklords(E-Hobby Gobots)

Archived