Review: HFTD Leader Class Starscream Figure

Blitz-Wing

I need more pics of the Alt F22 Raptor mode.

Did you check the Database? I have photos of all 8 perspectives there, plus top and bottom shots.

No I did not. I didn't think the database got updated that quick! Thanks.

But after all the debate and its good and everyone wants it, I am still holding out for reissue Piranacon and MP grimlock----PERIOD!

If you look into my collection, I have to date every movie Starscream there is and no matter how cool this guy is , G1 Piranacon is better and as well as Takara reissue Predaking and Trypticon..............PERIOD!

um.. better and more nostalgic are completely different.

starscream is better than piranacon..

plus, those figures won't be hitting nationwide shelves for a while. you can't spend $45 now, and save up for the next few months for the other?

if you have every other movie starscream.. it'd be a sin not to get the leader class version.

i classify a masterpiece figure by its size, its accuracy in robot and alt mode, and the paint job.

with those aspects, buster prime and starscream both make the cut, ESPECIALLY with being movie designs. i mean, to get buster primes robot mode out of such a great looking truck is an incredible feat of transformers engineering. same with starscream. sure if you look at starscreams alt mode from behind while it's level.. he does have kibble, but from the front, the sides and above, the figure looks perfect. everything locks securely into place, and looks pretty damn clean for what it turns into.

the only two things i wish leader starscream had were a wrist swivel (which REALLY doesn't bother me) and jointed fingers. jointed fingers are something i REALLY wish he had.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need more pics of the Alt F22 Raptor mode.

Did you check the Database? I have photos of all 8 perspectives there, plus top and bottom shots.

No I did not. I didn't think the database got updated that quick! Thanks.

But after all the debate and its good and everyone wants it, I am still holding out for reissue Piranacon and MP grimlock----PERIOD!

If you look into my collection, I have to date every movie Starscream there is and no matter how cool this guy is , G1 Piranacon is better and as well as Takara reissue Predaking and Trypticon..............PERIOD!

theres a re-issue Pirhanacon coming QUESTION MARK

Would you consider this Masterpiece quality?

If it were metal :P

ARGH. I'm being serious. If it were metal I think you wouldn't like it as much. :P

I've held the box on numerous occasions and then put it back on the shelf. EVEN when it was BoGo. I would like to see a lot of pics of him in Plane mode so I can see the bottom, side and back of the plane mode and decide without having to shell out $50.

I have a strong love for the MP seekers, even with the minimal side kibble. Isn't MP suppose to be perfect ALT mode?

Since when? MP Prime's truck mode is abysmal if you look at it from any angle except dead-on front.

ARGH. I'm being serious. If it were metal I think you wouldn't like it as much. :P

I've held the box on numerous occasions and then put it back on the shelf. EVEN when it was BoGo. I would like to see a lot of pics of him in Plane mode so I can see the bottom, side and back of the plane mode and decide without having to shell out $50.

I have a strong love for the MP seekers, even with the minimal side kibble. Isn't MP suppose to be perfect ALT mode?

Since when? MP Prime's truck mode is abysmal if you look at it from any angle except dead-on front.

Huh? :wat

Yeah, but that's Optimus Prime. There were a lot of liberties taken with his truck mode so that the robot could be cartoon accurate. Megatron and the Seekers all have alt-modes that are perfect. One would expect the same thing from a MP movie Starscream. Leader Starscream's jet mode is not even close to perfect, so it is not a Masterpiece toy. It's great for the Leader class, and great compared to the other movie Starscream toys, but it is no Masterpiece Transformer.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me whether this figure is 'masterpiece' quality or not. It's huge, it's awesome and it puts the Voyager molds to shame. Be happy :bounce

I won't worry, I'll be Happy :bounce

TRU has BoGo 1/2 off again but now it's mix and match. I have a $10 off purchases over $50, so I may get this one after all since it will be $40 for it in the end. I don't really like the electronic voice, but I can always disable that right? :lol

IMHO I don't think it is in the same league as MP unless the Jet mode is exact to an actual F22 Raptor. Nice figure though. There are 2 Leader Class entries in the database for SS.

Ya know... in spite of the fact that I'm not a big fan of movie Starscream's build, this toy looks sooo cool I may have to buy it solely so my purchase can encourage Hasbro that if it makes a better toy they'll get better sales.

Heh... I'm like a patron of the mass-produced Plastic arts... :tfgrin

Archived