Transformers Exodus book... Opinons.

PhantomMorphX

I just finished reading the book last night, and I liked it. I understand that not everyone will like it, because it's a different story from others we've been told and some others might not like the way it's written.

I found it to be a combination of the WFC story (Dark Energon), the Megatron Origin comic (Megatron being a miner turned gladiator), War Withing (Optimus coming out of the Hall of Records), and unfortunately a small reference to the movies (Bumblebee being muted)... But the good part, is that it can it be (with a grain or two of salt) fitted into the G1 continuity.

Since it has the Dark Energon references, even if it's not the same storyline, it can still fill some parts in the game's story, mainly before the game starts.

I liked the way the characters where portrayed, the way Cybertron was portrayed and the way the story is told.

One thing I don't really get why they did is the one line Cliffjumper appears in the book, all that he apears on the book is in the lines of ["Three words here" Said Cliffjumper], and he's never mntioned or addressed again. There are other characters that are only mentioned only once or so, but either don't get a line or get more than one, specially if it's someone who is so well known.

Who else read it? What did you think about it?

I've read it twice cover to cover, and browsed through it again a third time. I loved it. One of the best things about it is the confirmation of the identities of some of the Thirteen, including Alpha Trion and the Liege Maximo, both of whom many fans have been in doubt about their place in the pantheon.

That's finally out eh? or has it been out for a while? I looked for it the other day and couldn't find it. Can't wait to read it. Gotta look a little harder i guess. Been looking for a new book to read lately.

Belive it or not, i find this book more exciting to me than WFC. Being that i don't play vids may have a large influence on that of course.:P

I also liked the way they explained Energon and Dark Energon, and I just hope that such an explanation won't affect other Energon plotlines.

Why would it?

That's finally out eh? or has it been out for a while? I looked for it the other day and couldn't find it. Can't wait to read it. Gotta look a little harder i guess. Been looking for a new book to read lately.

Belive it or not, i find this book more exciting to me than WFC. Being that i don't play vids may have a large influence on that of course.:P

Yes, it came out about the same time the video game came out, maybe a day or two later.

I got mine from Amazon, since that way it was at a lesser cost, I would suggest you try looking for it there too.

I also liked the way they explained Energon and Dark Energon, and I just hope that such an explanation won't affect other Energon plotlines.

Why would it?

I like the explanation, and I think it would be a great thing to add to the canon, but then, because if Energon are emanations from Primus, they would have to explain how they turn other energy sources into his emanations, and how is it that it's found in other planets... or how is it cultivated (as we see in Shockwave Spotlight).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that since the story is good and Hasbro tries to add everything to the canon, if it all makes sence in the end, it's nicer for us fans.

Archived