G1 Seacons reissue

Devil Mazinkaiser

I just decided to go ahead and preorder the august set... That way if I hear otherwise at SDCC I can cancel it, but if it does turn out to be BBTS exclusive I wont miss out.

I just wish they had waited to announce their "surprise". Because now I am going to have to pass on a few figures to make sure I have enough funds for this preorder.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure what to think... hasbro said 50$ msrb...which is generally what MOST retailers follow... and it being the exclusive it is, the msrb usually matches the store, no matter which one it is and lets be honest were dealing with ~20-35$ differance here. Stores may have markup...but not THAT big of one.

So that being said... should I preorder or not preorder? It would really suck to find out its a TRU exclusive on the day the august preorder just happens to get shipped...

you do know that masterpiece skywarp is regularly listed @ $84.99..

the megatron, fallen, and soundwave tru exclusive set is listed @ $79.99

large mark ups for store exclusive figures is pretty common

i can't remember the last time a figure was sold at bbts or any other (strictly online) store was sold without a markup.

don't get me wrong, i love bbts, but i would NEVER buy a domestically sold figure from bbts or any other website. it just doesn't make much sense to me. you can't check out the paint apps on the figure and for the most part you have to pay shipping.

i most likely won't be getting this. (i've said this a thousand times already.. but) i REALLY wish this had been the predaking.

heres the glitch. The Seacons have been in the works for at the very least a month.

No w knowing Hasbro has to have a retailer to carry their product and an agreed upon price in there discussion, why would they mark the MSRP as $50 just to have their "exclusive" retailer carry it for $60?

Seems hoaky unless BBTS just happened to secure the rights to this figure over the weekend!?!

Here's the thing about Hasbro selling, even in turns of exclusives. From a busness point of view, it makes more sense to sell in bulk to a retailer who can handle the cost of said bulk.

Suppling to TRU, Target, Walmart, K-Mart all need a higher number to provide to all their markets.

BBTS while popular, can't compete with the sheer numbers involved here. Keep in mind, Hasbro does not give out figures on consignment. Once a figure is sold to a store like Walmart, Hasbro is payed. The rest is up to the retailer.

Now, maybe Hasbro wants to deal with a retailer more fan orientated, and maybe my farts smell like cookies. Truth of the matter is, in any of the pannel threads from this past weekend they've clearly stated repeatedly "we'll do whatever makes us money" Even when it was in blatent opposition to what their fans wanted.

Hasbro is out for Hasbro.

With that said, a move like this, it just doesn't seem like a good move for them. Why would they make a deal with BBTS who can move hundreds, when they could go to a regular retailer who can order thousands?

i'm going to basically repeat something that was already said..

why would the figure shown at botcon have chrome.. but the bbts version doesn't?

i can't see the seacons being a bbts exclusive.. maybe they'll have an exclusive version, but i have a feeling this figure will see mass retail at TRU, Target, or Walmart.

If you compare the pictures of the Botcon Seacons and the BBTS, they are different mostly Snaptrap's head gives it away different color, but at the same time I do agree, BBTS could be trying to put one over. Especially since the Botcon Seacons are suppose to $49.99, and BBTS wants $59.99.

I pre ordered the August Ocean one too just in case

I agree with Lord_Onslaught, if you look a the pictures from Botcon, Snaptraps robot head is green, whereas the pictures on the BBTS website show his head to be black. Either way this is going to cost me a bomb getting it shipped to the UK!! :wat

Give me something I can use for my collection, like a remake of G2 Liokaizer with all the parts.

i'm going to basically repeat something that was already said..

why would the figure shown at botcon have chrome.. but the bbts version doesn't?

i can't see the seacons being a bbts exclusive.. maybe they'll have an exclusive version, but i have a feeling this figure will see mass retail at TRU, Target, or Walmart.

Exactly. The BBTS news letter states this figure is exclusive to them, with G1 colors...not necessarily that the figure itself is exclusive. Someone else will get one painted version at retail...BBTS will get the G1 colors, so they can technically advertise they have the "exclusive" set for preorder. It's very misleading, and something I wish Hasbro would clarify. I have a feeling BBTS knows how misleading this is too, hence the sudden preorder burst, and offering to get it to customers in July if they pay the extra amount. If they beat the retail version (which is probably due at the same time as their cheaper, second shipment), then most collectors would never even know what was up, and will have bought the BBTS version. It's very sneaky!

I have mine on preorder as well...but the good thing about preorders is you can always cancel them before the ship date!

"This limited edition set is only available in North America from BBTS! It is not the same as the one shown at BotCon."

This should answer ALL questions, BBTS's version is NOT the one shown at botcon. Meaning it is the non-chromed painstakingly g1 accurate version, the chromed version we saw at botcon will be a Brick-Morter exclusive, more than likely a walmart one based on the box shape and the fact that TRU got this years MP figure.

"This limited edition set is only available in North America from BBTS! It is not the same as the one shown at BotCon."

This should answer ALL questions, BBTS's version is NOT the one shown at botcon. Meaning it is the non-chromed painstakingly g1 accurate version, the chromed version we saw at botcon will be a Brick-Morter exclusive, more than likely a walmart one based on the box shape and the fact that TRU got this years MP figure.

Excellent detective work! I like the chrome better anyway and as much as I like BBTS, this is something I would prefer to just buy at standard retail.

Archived