RotF Jolt

Yuyuyami

This time I tried experimenting with some paper to make a nicer background than just a cardboard box. It would have worked better if I had some butcher paper and a better box.

Anyway, to the review!

Alt Mode:

img1056w.jpg

Jolt's car mode has an odd charm to it I can't place. Maybe it's the sparkly plastic and paint, maybe its how well it fits together, maybe its how smooth and sleek it is. Whatever it is, Jolt's car mode is excellent, which I find a little odd, because this car isn't the most interesting of designs. It looks like the 90's Taurus my Grandmother drove (horrible car), just blue and a little more modern.

One of my favorite things about Jolt is that his car mode is extremely sturdy and won't misform easily at all. This means I can just drop him into my pocket when I'm out and not have to worry about him getting smooshed, so I have an awesome little Transformer with me when I'm bored. He's very portable.

I'd almost get this guy just for the car mode, it's that charming, and I don't know why. Multiple times I've seen him in the store and had the strange urge to BUY HIM AGAIN, for no reason. He's the Deluxe sized army builder figure, where Skystalker is the Scout sized one. I give Jolt's car mode an easy 10/10.

Transformation:

img1082g.jpg

img1086i.jpg

img1090qw.jpg

img1093d.jpg

Jolt's transformation is very simple, yet extremely effective. This is what all bayformers should be like: elegantly simple, yet still intricately detailed. My only point of contention with this transformation is that there's no way to lock his backpack/arm assembly into place, so moving the arms will often move backpack up and out of place. It's a damn shame that Hasbro couldn't just give Jolt a peg somewhere to fix that. The best solution I've found if you don't want to use super glue to tighten the backpack joint is to fold up the back kibble like this:

img1104ho.jpg

The doors are crossed and folded in front of the hood and the headlight sections rotate out and rest on the underside of the hood. It's very solid and in simply holding the figure by the chest you'll be keeping the backpack kibble held in place. It's a workable method, but I also recommend using super glue to tighten the joint.

Overall, though, Jolt's transformation is well done and enjoyable. I give his transformation an 8.5/10.

Robot Mode:

img1099l.jpg

img1110t.jpg

I love how Jolt looks spiny, yet still innocent, with his big ol' Bambi eyes. I love how he looks like a Decepticon, yet I have no problem with him being an Autobot. I love how stocky and well built his legs are, yet how thin and lithe his arms are. I love how well he poses and how well he balances.

I love this figure.

The only downsides to this mode are, as I said before, the backpack kibble not being able to lock into place, which can be partially fixed by my preferred method of folding up the backpack kibble and some super glue to tighten the joint, and the roof and windows of the car being plastered over his forearms, making it difficult to make out the detail on his hands because of how dark they are. Other than those things, however, Jolt's a charming little dude.

I love Jolt's robot mode, and you should too! I give his robot mode a 10/10.

Summary:

Jolt got shafted in the movie. If the movie had centered around him, it would have been awesome. Tell Hasbro to reign Michael Bay in to making a Jolt movie by voting with your dollar and buying Jolt. He's worth it.

yeah I was gonna comment on the same thing actually. Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sort out the picture sizes!

Archived