Your Essential Transformers

Superior Grilled Cheese

Your Essential Figure  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What Transformer MUST every collector own?

• G1 Optimus Prime
    • G1 Soundwave
    • G1 Devestator/ Other Gestalt
    • BeastWars Optimal Optimus
    • BeastWars Inferno
    • Transmetal Megatron
    • RID Optimus Prime/Omega Prime
    • A Classic's Seeker
    • Masterpiece Optimus Prime
    • ROTF Leader Optimus Prime

Titaniums are awesome, and learn how to spell SUPREME.

While I wouldn't consider any of your hate list an essential, figures like Energon Prime, Vector Prime, The Titaniums don't belong on a worst of the worst list.

Titaniums are a piece of crap, at least Optimus prime, I'll give you three reasons why,

1. Over time, he will rust!

2. The "Titanium" used in him will make him hard to display, and his arms will fall off during, before, or after the transformation.

3. WFC Optimus Prime is cheaper and holds together much better the the Titaniums.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I wouldn't consider any of your hate list an essential, figures like Energon Prime, Vector Prime, The Titaniums don't belong on a worst of the worst list.

Titaniums are a piece of crap, at least Optimus prime, I'll give you three reasons why,

2. The "Titanium" used in him will make him hard to display, and his arms will fall off during, before, or after the transformation.

3. WFC Optimus Prime is cheaper and holds together much better the the Titaniums.

OK, so your hating a whole like because of 1 figure. that sucks.

Now not for anything but I have plenty of plastic figures who need fall apart constantly.

Here's the thing about Titaniums when say compaired with WFC. First off metal and not plastic, that right there raises the price. Also, I've yet to have a any metal on any TF ever rust outside of a screw. don't take your toys in the tub with you, and they'll be fine.

Another thing about the Titanium line as apose to say WFC (who's Prime looks like ass) is that like all the other Hasbro Titaniums for Star Wars, Marvel and so on, they're display pieces.

They never put much effort into the QC of the first 2 figures because they didn't think they would be opened.

With especialy Megatron marring the line though as they proceeded, they fixed alot of issues on these figures which were still intended for display, and not actual play.

-A first real attempt at making comic book figures

-A single piece Ultra Magnus thats fully possable

-RID Prime and Rodimus Prime following in suit with that

-Cassette player Soudwave

-The closest we've gotten yet to a Seeker Tetrajet that isn't that sloppy as hell Cybertron Starscream

Now I know the idea of trying to generate a collectable is stupid, but hey thats Hasbro. I can also say this though, I have nearly every 6inch Titanium figure loose and boxed. While time and time again people keep selling them short always because of either Prime, GIJoe Megatron or Soundwave's hips the rest of the figures are awesome. They display great too

toyroom007.jpg

toyroom005.jpg

toyroom006.jpg

When I first got Prime, yeah I had to be careful with his shoulder clips, but I've had him for years now, and those pieces don't fall off anymore, and like the rest of the Titaniums he displays great. The key is, the same way you can't manhandle a Masterpiece figure you can't manhandle these.

020.jpg

I really don't care if you don't like the line. But it seems your denouncing the entire thing over 1 figure.

Well in that respect, Alternators must suck because alot of times in Transformation Smokescreens arms pop off. That never happened with my 08 bumblebees who are cheaper, so Alternators must suck.

011.jpg

Well, I have shelves of those too that say otherwise. Again, thats another line that is more intended for display rather then play. Sure they pose and transform, but they're better left on the shelf as you mess around with some AEC crap.

Speaking of AEC Energon Grimlock and Swoop sucked way harder then anything elso on your list. Megadinobot indeed :poop

OK, so your hating a whole like because of 1 figure. that sucks.

Now not for anything but I have plenty of plastic figures who need fall apart constantly.

Here's the thing about Titaniums when say compaired with WFC. First off metal and not plastic, that right there raises the price. Also, I've yet to have a any metal on any TF ever rust outside of a screw. don't take your toys in the tub with you, and they'll be fine.

Another thing about the Titanium line as apose to say WFC (who's Prime looks like ass) is that like all the other Hasbro Titaniums for Star Wars, Marvel and so on, they're display pieces.

They never put much effort into the QC of the first 2 figures because they didn't think they would be opened.

With especialy Megatron marring the line though as they proceeded, they fixed alot of issues on these figures which were still intended for display, and not actual play.

-A first real attempt at making comic book figures

-A single piece Ultra Magnus thats fully possable

-RID Prime and Rodimus Prime following in suit with that

-Cassette player Soudwave

-The closest we've gotten yet to a Seeker Tetrajet that isn't that sloppy as hell Cybertron Starscream

Now I know the idea of trying to generate a collectable is stupid, but hey thats Hasbro. I can also say this though, I have nearly every 6inch Titanium figure loose and boxed. While time and time again people keep selling them short always because of either Prime, GIJoe Megatron or Soundwave's hips the rest of the figures are awesome. They display great too

toyroom007.jpg

toyroom005.jpg

toyroom006.jpg

When I first got Prime, yeah I had to be careful with his shoulder clips, but I've had him for years now, and those pieces don't fall off anymore, and like the rest of the Titaniums he displays great. The key is, the same way you can't manhandle a Masterpiece figure you can't manhandle these.

020.jpg

I really don't care if you don't like the line. But it seems your denouncing the entire thing over 1 figure.

Well in that respect, Alternators must suck because alot of times in Transformation Smokescreens arms pop off. That never happened with my 08 bumblebees who are cheaper, so Alternators must suck.

011.jpg

Well, I have shelves of those too that say otherwise. Again, thats another line that is more intended for display rather then play. Sure they pose and transform, but they're better left on the shelf as you mess around with some AEC crap.

Speaking of AEC Energon Grimlock and Swoop sucked way harder then anything elso on your list. Megadinobot indeed poop.gif

It's not just Prime, I had Titanium Jetfire, and he too started to become very loose and start to rust. (My Titanium Transformers had never been in contact with water!)I also heard the Titanium Optimal Optimus was bad too. But now I think that it was because of the multiple Transformation I did with them. So if you love "shelf warmers," Titanium is the way to go. Notice that I changed #5 to BW Transmetal Megatron. Look up "gold plastic syndrome" and you will know why.

I'm on my 4th BWTM Megatron, I'm very familiar.

To each there own on the Titaniums, I personaly loved the line(nothing wrong with Primal outside of no monkey mode) and wish it would come back with new figures. I'd love nothing more then to fill more shelves with them.

Speaking of GPS, I have a Magnaboss Silverbolt whose wings are obviously made from GP (I can see sub-dermal cracks at the hinge, though oddly they're almost exactly the same on both wings, so I don't know if they're really cracks.), yet I've tried to yank his wings off to see how bad it was and they still seem solid. And I pulled hard, too!

Am I lucky or was it only, say, the Japanese releases or certain runs of this figure that were affected?

for the most part, by time Beast Wars came around, Japan changed their formula, or opted to use a different color plastic(as in the case of metals megatron).

My Silverbolt is fine.

The 3 biggest BW offenders are Randy(Takara's wake up call), Grimlock, and Transmetal Megatron.

Oh were doing just characters?

chronologically

G1 Soundwave

G2 Hooligan

BW Rattrap

BW Inferno

Universe Silverbolt

Universe Sunstreaker

Animated leader Megatron

Animated Shockwave

ROTF Soundwave

ROTF Mindwipe

Couldn't be bothered to see what else people have put down as their top ten as of writing this. But this is my top 10

(In no particular order)

1) RID Scourge

2) MP-01 Optimus Prime

3) Classics/Universe 2.0 Prowl (Suprise)

4) Fortress/Brave Maximus

5) G1 Soundwave

6) Armada deluxe "bendy" Optimus Prime

7) Henkei voyager Megatron

8) ROTF Leader Optimus Prime

9) Classics/Universe 2.0 Cyclonus with Nightstick

10) Any of the clasics seeker figures

Now for fun, I'm gonna put down the 10 worst figures, that no one should buy ever! :P

1) Any Beast Wars Fuzors figures

2) Movie 07 Dreadwind

3) G1 Hound

4) ANY figures with gold plastic that therefore suffer from GPS

5) Armada Sideswipe

6) Gravity Bots of ANY kind

7) G1 Ironhide/Ratchet :wtf :fail

8) Pretty much 90% of Animated

9) Classics/Universe 2.0 Cheetor

10)ROTF Supreme class Devastator

for the most part, by time Beast Wars came around, Japan changed their formula, or opted to use a different color plastic(as in the case of metals megatron).

My Silverbolt is fine.

The 3 biggest BW offenders are Randy(Takara's wake up call), Grimlock, and Transmetal Megatron.

So Metals Megatron doesn't have the same problems as TM Megatron?

Metals Megatron was made with better plastic so he doesn't break in half like TM Megatron. Never had a problem with Randy

Not all the Fuzors are bad. Torca and Silverbolt are good the others suck

Archived