War For Cybertron - Nintendo DS Game Details

MISP Steve

Transformers War for Cybertron for the Nintendo DS (NDS) is two version game. They have the Decepticon version and the Autobot version that are two complete separate stories. There is the Decepticons story that takes place before the Autobot. They can be played independently as Megatron's rise to power. Then there's the Autobot version which is basically Optimus Prime becoming a Prime and determining the fate of Cybertron. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. This was what I was waititng to hear about. I definatley plan on picking up the DS game before any of the console versions and it looks sweet. Hopefully I can snag a copy before heading to BotCon.

There's a heck of a lot more to this game than I figured there'd be. I'll at least be picking up the Autobot version. Grimlock rules!!!

@Ultrazilla: Revised Transformers history has had the dinobots coming from Cybertron for a long time, think G1 my have retconned it to... I know both the UK & US Marvel comics did. More interestingly is the amount of characters they're fitting into the game, wow! How'd they find this much space on one NDS cart?!

Dinobots?!? On Cybertron!?! I thought people said these guys knew their Transformers history?

What you think Wheeljack just made them? As I remember they had to give sentience thru Vector Sigma (Aerialbots, Stunticons). I dont mind that they were retconned by the comics.

Technically the Dinobots being from Cybertron isn't a Retcon. The Dinobots appeared in the Marvel comics MONTHS before the TV series (comic released in May '84, TV show aired in October!), and they were from Cybertron. It's the TV show that changed the Dinobot origin.

I find it funny how so many people complain about the Dinobots appearing in this game, but ignore Jetfire, the Aerialbots and the Stunticons... none of which should be on Cybertron 9 million years afo in the TV series OR Marvel comics. The only major continuity this video game doesn't seem to contradict so far seems to be the Devil's Due comics!

You won't catch me complaining about anything (unless this game somehow sucks) to do with what characters they include. I'm a stickler for continuity but I'm planning just kicking back and enjoying the game I've been waiting for since those Godawful PS1 Beast Wars games.

You won't catch me complaining about anything (unless this game somehow sucks) to do with what characters they include. I'm a stickler for continuity but I'm planning just kicking back and enjoying the game I've been waiting for since those Godawful PS1 Beast Wars games.

Cyclonus eh? The question is /which/ Cyclonus? The crappy Armada version, or G1 Cyclonus? We've already seen one Armada character in Demolishor, I'd /hope/ they didn't put that version of Cyclonus in the game. Doesn't seem likely given the alt-form restrictions but I'm still curious. Here's hoping it's G1, and here's hoping the 360/PS3 versions get him as future DLC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Please tell me this won't be the only release of TFP Cliffjumper...
    • If you've not had your fill of Transformers collaborative news today, here is some more with a leaked product listing for the Project Knight: Transformers X Knight Rider crossover. We've been dreaming of this one, and it appears a transforming K.I.T.T. will be coming as soon as August! It must be something big and or special with a $49. - Read the Full News Story
    • Tonight on GotBot Goes Live, we talked Transformers news for the newest multipack and some reissues. We also talked collaboratives with TMNT, an Ectotron reissue and, maybe, even Star Wars? Plus, we address the MP Ginrai teaser image and answer who is Riggorus?  
    • EDIT 2: Okay, I think my real problem with this was the marketing image. The main image shows four robot turtles standing together, so I was ready for four toys, not one. Admittedly, I was so disappointed that I did not bother to read the article fully. That's my fault. I apologize. That said, now that I understand it is THE van that turns into a robot, not "robot versions of the four turtles," that makes more sense, but I don't get the four heads. There are images here of a bandana free head which I gather is not included. I would actually prefer a non-specific generic turtle head for the robot. I think that would remove a lot of confusion. At least for me. EDIT 1: My bad, I misunderstood. It's one toy with swappable heads. So, you made a thing based on a four member team, and you only want to sell one toy? You're not even trying to get people to "Collect all FOUR!" You do understand how toy sales work, right? Original Comment: This is a perfectly fine idea executed TERRIBLY. You made four unique toys, each specific to each of the Ninja Turtles, that all turn into the same vehicle? It would be one thing if they joined together to form the van. There have been transformer sets like that before. This is just wasted opportunity. Not to mention, that van exists for the turtles to ride in together as a team, so if they can turn into vehicles ... what do they need a van for? I get that that's their van, and that's cute and all, but ... this is just dumb and disappointing. Why not think about what kind of car each of them would drive based on their personalities, or ask some car company if they want to do a tie-in promotional? What do I want with four copies of the same van and no one to ride in any of them? It makes no sense.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE