Okay, Binaltech vs. Alternators

BotCollector

I have them both because im a completist, but I have to go with the BT because of the metal. Yes, it does chip, but so does a real car. I like it being metal like a real car/robot. People talk like these are 2 different toys sometimes, when they are the same thing. Yeah, one is plastic and cheaper, Im glad that they are accomadating everybody. Whether it is plastic or metal, it doesnt take the coolness away from the toy.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have them both because im a completist, but I have to go with the BT because of the metal. Yes, it does chip, but so does a real car. I like it being metal like a real car/robot. People talk like these are 2 different toys sometimes, when they are the same thing. Yeah, one is plastic and cheaper, Im glad that they are accomadating everybody. Whether it is plastic or metal, it doesnt take the coolness away from the toy.

Exactly :thumb

I have both versions and there is just no comparison...the Binaltech one easily beat out the plastic Alternators. That being say, if price is not an object then I am sure everyone with any sense would pick BT. Except of course a few people here that say they actually want the Alternators instead. (So I guess if I were to give the Binaltech away today, those of you will tell me that you guy would rather have Alternators version right? :wave )

As for paint chip , I have them for about a month now and play with them all the time, I have yet to chip any paint. What do you guy do with your Transformers??? crash them into one another??

I have nothing against the Alternators and they made a fine "alternative" to their much costier cousins. I think the comparison is a bit unfair as BT cost about twice the price of Alternators.

I just pick up Side Swipe and the change from die-cast to plastic was a lot more profound on him than Smokescreen.

:wtf Price and availablilty are always a factor but I read somewhere that the plastic parts in Alternators can sometimes be slightly warped...making it so the hood cannot close all the way, etc. I'd spend the extra dough just to make sure the vehicle mode always looks smooth.

Archived