Okay, Binaltech vs. Alternators

BotCollector

Guest TwinSwords

bts look damn nice but id go for the price and the fact that they are almost as good. still look good same designs and the prices for bts is a lot in canada

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TwinSwords
Also, I keep hearing about Binaltechs with pieces that keep coming off.  Once again I can only speak for mine, but it's solid as a rock, and I've never heard anyone complain about the quality of the Hasbro versions.

Maybe i was being a bit rough on my alt smokescreen but his arm fell off while transforming him once but easily went back on. im more careful with it now.

The BT bots are nicer, but only in a slight sense. I would take a BT over and alt if I had to choose one. But once you come back to the real world, I'll take an alternator any day of the week. Die cast isn't a big deal to me and they look almost as nice as the BTs do. The price is really what gets me. 20 bucks is a goddamned deal when you think about the quality of product your getting. I don't think it gets any simpler than that. If you really want diecast, you pay more.

• 2 months later...

Hey pplz,

I just wanted to know which Binaltech/Alternators you like the best so far and any word on what you think of the new upcoming figures.

IMO, STREAK is the COOLEST car to date!!!!!

The body style is more normal and the head is redesigned with more detail than Smokescreen's. The silver color is AWESOME!

Sideswipe and Hound look much better in vehicle mode. Have you seen them in robot mode? They look wierd!!!!!!!

Sideswipe looks like he's leaning forward on his toes. His legs look awkward and the hood looks like a dress from behind. His head is boring and the back trunk piece is bulky and hollow. Too bad their doing the first decepticon based on this mold. It SUX!! They should have made StarScream the first decepticon!

Hound is cool in jeep mode, but his robot mode is weak! He looks like a hunch-back! His arms kinda slouch forward and his legs look too skinny for his body and feet. The hood area is totally hollow from the side too. You will only admire him from the front.

My speculation on the Corvette is pretty good. That mold looks promising but yellow shouldn't have been their first choice.

Dead End looks cool as a car and thats it!

The RX-8 looks cool in both modes but I think the idea of the Mazda is such a sell out. If it is Jazz, wouldn't it make sense and much more rewarding if it was molded out of the new Porsche Boxter?

I'm collecting each one regardless, but I just wanted to express my disappointment on certain figures to help others make a better assesment on their purchases. And to see what everyone else thinks!!

No Starscream is a Jet. They are only doing cars. So the Stunticons are first. At least I think they will follow with the others. I have Sideswipe and i love it. Took a bit to transform both ways but now it's good. But I can't get him to hold his gun tight, or stay in the front when in car mold, it's loss and moves around in there.

At the moment I only have BT Smokescreen and Sideswipe. (Hound and Streak are on the way tho). I'd say Sideswipe has the edge in Alternate mode, but Smokey looks better in bot mode.

Archived