Cybertron Chronicles

dcj91x

Disclaimer:

Let me start off by saying I do like both the PS3 and X-Box 360. This post is not about them in any way and I will try to refrain from comparing anything.

That being said:

I have always admired Nintendo's commitment to gaming and innovations in gaming. I respect them much for the idea of bringing gaming to everyone. I think it is an amazing thing to see a 70 year old grandmother playing Videogames with her 8 year old great grandson. What I am disappointed in though is the treatment the Wii receives from 3rd parties.

I know the negative stereo types the Wii receives and I also know that that a lot of those stereo types are wrong and myths. What can't be denied though is that the Wii and DS from Nintendo are the best selling systems currently in the world. For a system that has so many negatives spoken against it, it does well. Very well!

War for Cybertron:

They make great games for the other two systems and throw scraps to the wii, or at least that is how a lot of 3rd party companies seem to treat it.

Now with the new TF game on its way we keep hearing about WFC on the PS3/360 but nothing about the wii. It seems like the developers just don't care about the TF community that plays the Wii as well. I know it is being developed by a different company than WFC but to me it just seems like it is being passed off and treated like 2nd hand material. What will possibly happen as we have seen before, the games on ps3/360 will be great and the game for the wii will be rushed and shoveled out.

We haven't even been told if the story line or anything else is the same on the wii as it is on the other systems. They changed the name what else is changed?

TFormers staff:

Here is my request to you. Whatever little pull or influence you may have can you help us out. Can you find out any information for us, ask questions, anything. I know you probably cannot but I figured I'd ask.

Here are some questions I would like to know about Transformers: Cybertron Chronicles for the Wii

1: Will this be the same game on the Wii that we are seeing on the other systems?

2: What changes have been made to bring the game to the Wii?

3: Understanding that the graphical power is not the same on the Wii as it is on the other systems, will the game play and experience be lessened as well?

Even if nothing can be done, thanks anyways…

I too favor the Nintendo systems, I am debating between the 360 and Wii versions for various reasosn. I am a sucker for games on Wii that use the remote as an aiming device (Metroid Prime 3, the Wii versions of RE4 and Dead Rising for example)and if the TF game is just a step down in visuals, but offers that style gameplay, I'm good. The 360 version looks great, but I DO have more fun with that style of gameplay.

Honestly, I'll probably just snag the DS version and grab a console version down the road depending on ratings and the inevitable drop in price. After all, the game comes out right at BotCon and that DSi of mine will be on hand.

As for the gaming circles and the tendancy to look down on the Wii and DS regardless of sales numbers, think of fanboyism. That's basically it, people tend to favor their system and down on others pretty often. Hell, you can extend that to pretty much anything. Cars, sports teams, music, it's done in any circle. I remember defending my Atari 2600 in elementary school against a kid who had a Colleco. It's just a nerdy pissing contest that comes down to prefference and peoples ability to accept others opinions (or lack there of). Basically try not to let it get to you, it's always going to be there anyway. If you want another point to the sales number fact, look at the history of each gaming console generation. The lower powered console is usually the better seller than the higher powered. The most powerfull is almost never in the lead.

I agree with this in so many ways. It's the same with Nintendo DS. When I got ROTF for Nintedo DS (Autobot or Decepticon), the game was nothing like what I saw in the Trailers. The game way OK, but I did not get what I expected, and that really ticks me off!angryfire.gif

^ why not?

So no info i guess..... How sad?

Well you know my opinion on the Wii, I was just avoiding a huge debate over it whilst interjecting some humor instead.

No info that I can dig up. Even on GameStop, Cybertron Adventures just shows trailers for the PS3/360 War For Cybertron versions. Kind of misleading actually. And no preorder bonus Shockwave. I highly doubt this game is going to have dedicated multiplayer.

Found a statement from Activision, its not much tho:

Activision contacted us to let us know that while the Wii game is based in the same universe and follows the same general storyline, it will be a different game built specifically for Nintendo's console. Source: http://kotaku.com/5511223/transformers-on-wii-warrants-a-name-change-apparently

So you can expect a single player experience where youll have to shake the controller to transform or some crap. Watered down, I almost feel bad for Wii owners. See? I cant help it!

^ oh i understand completely.

The wii can handle it and good games on the wii sell amazingly better than a lot of the good games on the other system. The problem is finding a 3rd party game that is actually good on the wii. I can name a handfull but that's about it. Of course when the wii does have a good game or an idea that really takes off the PS3/360 just copies it. If they could come up with their own original ideas maybe they would sell as well as the wii.... Opps couldn't help it iether.

Archived