Ultra Magnus

Starscream4life69

Yeah I was a Magnus Fan from the day I saw the toy in the Sunday Paper toy ads- Zayre was the store I believe.

Even on first viewing the movie at the theatre I could see that the only reason the Matrix reponded to Roddy and not to Magnus was because when Optimus had (forgive me) primed it for it to bond with the next leader, Roddy had to touch the danged thing first. Seeing how it upgraded his weak @$ and made him somewhat more impressive, it's always made me wonder what it would have done for Magnus if he'd been teh first to touch it as originally intended.

That plus, I figure we'd have a season three with Magnus Prime somberly and humbly kicking Deciptibutt from here to the the Magellanic Clouds.

Wow, Zayre's huh? That's sweet! Nobody I ever talk to even remembers that store but I loved it when I was a kid. That and Venture. Two great stores!

Also, a Magnus helmed Autobots in season 3 would've been something to see.

Holy shit I didn't think anyone remembered Zayers or Venture, Oddly enough add Hills and those where like the greatest place to get toys when I was a kid.

Heck yeah, Zayre

At Zayre, I got 3 Dinobots for the price of one because the guy that stickered them did it wrong at 5.99 when they were supposed to be 15.99

Went in with my allowance to buy just Grimlock, walked out with Grimlock, Slag and Snarl - and a BIG grin.

Went back later that week to see if I could get Sludge and Swoop but they'd already corrected the pricetags.

that sounds like maybe one of the greatest transformers scores ever. Congrats.:tfdance

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad this thread isn't quite dead yet. I had no idea what the armor question would start. My biggest issue is that no one ever seemed to acknowledge the fact that there was a smaller Prime-type robot in that armor. Even today in IDW's Ongoing series, in alt-mode you have a white cab pulling a red, white, and blue trailer. He transforms and is automatically inside the armor already. There's never any transition.

Now if this were manga, there would be a seven page transformation sequence. It would start with cab and trailer transforming seperately, and then show in dramatic detail as each piece of armor bonded to Magnus, ending with speed lines and heroic posing.

I'd like to see that just once in an American comic, just to show it happens....

• 3 months later...

How can the biggest UMagnus fan like myself miss this thread? Didn't know this section exist, LOL.

Hopefully this image could end the argument:

magnusaltcomp7b.jpg

Just in case the texts aren't clear: I am not "Ultra Magnus". I'm just "Magnus". Prime is upper than Ultra.

Now onto my ranting...G1 Ultra Magnus is my obsession and hobby. I collected every figure that has the name Ultra Magnus. Yes, that's included the Prime repaint as well. Once TFTM ads was aired and as soon I saw UMagnus, I knew he would be my favorite character. Alos, there is something about his character that remind me of myself, LOL: "I am not worthy, I'm just soldier" attitude. Moreover, I love his design and the car carrier mode are just too damn impressive.

As for Magnus Vs. Ultra Magnus title thing. He'll always be Ultra Magnus regardless with armor or not because that's the root of his toy since G1. With that in mind, I like to call the robot cab portion as Magnus while with armor as Ultra. I guess the reasons are to show the uncompleted part as someone here did mention and also for a powered up name.

My biggest issue is that no one ever seemed to acknowledge the fact that there was a smaller Prime-type robot in that armor. Even today in IDW's Ongoing series, in alt-mode you have a white cab pulling a red, white, and blue trailer.

I'd like to see that just once in an American comic, just to show it happens....

Did you read the Dreamwave Comic, 2nd Mini Series Issue #6? If you missed it, scroll down to section R-7 for picture.

Scroll down to R-7

Gotta say Remy, I couldn't agree more on all counts. The "Viva la cheap Prime ripoffs" comment was posted to rib my buddy Starscream4life69. He's a big fan of UM too.

It's really nice to finally get an answer to the comic/cartoon question. It was like an itch I couldn't scratch! Thanks a bunch!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

He's the prize of my Classics/Universe collection. ^_^

• 8 months later...

Count me in with the UM fans...

I've always loved the concept that he is both the truck AND trailer after watching the '86 movie, making him one huge war machine... And since I never followed the comics or had the original fig I've never considered his "white prime" persona...

That being said, Titanium G1 UM was my next best fave fig since it utilized the cab+trailer transforming until Kabaya made this...

IMG_0064.jpg

My favorite Ultra magnus toy is the Rid super sized toy.

My second favorite,is the Classics 1.0 voyager ultra Magnus with the 3rd party city commander trailer/armor.

My third is Animated leader sized Ultra magnus.

I'm not a fan of any of the optimus prime toy's that got repainted & called ultra magnus.

I'm hoping Takara or a 3rd party company creates a G-1 styled car carrier trailer/armor for MP-10 Convoy. if takara has no interest in this,then hopefully they at the very least do a white recolor called ultra magnus. so a 3rd party company can step in & create a MP car carrier tailer/armor for the toy.

Archived