Thoughts on Energon Ironhide

BotCollector

Okay, I have a tendency to offend or piss people people off with my own crazy standards regarding these toys, so I was hoping to get some feedback from the masses on Ironhide from the Energon series. I'm especially interested in your views on:

- The appearance of the plastic itself

- The placement of the head in vehicle Mode

- The appearance of the head, which I guess means the whole 2 lb. mass of redness and electronics on top of the shoulders

- If anyone has a Binaltech Smokescreen that they can set next to the Ironhide in vehicle Mode and compose some thoughts on the comparisons, that would be cool too.

...sorry about the mass of redness thing about the head, I guess I can't help myself, even when seeking objective opinions.

And hey, impressions of the Optimus from Energon would be great to see also.

I was not too fond of Ironhide ... until I had it in my hands. I found a certain appreciation for the toy for what it is ... a toy for kids. Is it a little off in the design department, towards being childish? Sure ... Could the head have been hidden? Possibly ... but overall it is a sturdy and fun toy to play with and I could not stop fiddling with it once I had it on my shelf.

I actually really like the design of the truck, but it's totally unacceptable that the head just sits out there in vehicle mode - which is why I haven't bought him. There's no suprise when you transform it into a robot, if the robot head has been hanging out the whole time for everyone to see.

I wouldn't even mind the big red sensor array thing on top as long as the head was really hidden in vehicle mode. Just seems like a waste of a potentially great design. Oh well.

I actually really like the design of the truck, but it's totally unacceptable that the head just sits out there in vehicle mode - which is why I haven't bought him. There's no suprise when you transform it into a robot, if the robot head has been hanging out the whole time for everyone to see.

I wouldn't even mind the big red sensor array thing on top as long as the head was really hidden in vehicle mode. Just seems like a waste of a potentially great design. Oh well.

My thoughts exactly. Also, I think a different color scheme would have helped with the "too childish" feeling I get from looking at him. None the less, ill probably end up buying him anyway.

personally i really like him..yes he looks like a tonka truck in vehicle mode...but the robot modes is one of my favs ive seen so far. yes the big red blob on top is a lil annoying but the other features this guy has block it out for me...and i LOVE the fact that he has a minicon port..ON HIS WRIST (the best place for one)

The vehicle mode does look really play-skoolish. However, it has many more details. The robot mode owns...as does the combined mode with Jetfire.

As for the head in vehicle mode...it doesn't bother me if the visor is down. The big red mass of electronic equipment around it pulls your eyes away from the head.

The vehicle mode does look really play-skoolish. However, it has many more details. The robot mode owns...as does the combined mode with Jetfire.

As for the head in vehicle mode...it doesn't bother me if the visor is down. The big red mass of electronic equipment around it pulls your eyes away from the head.

I've heard from many people his robot mode is fantastic. Im gonna have to cave and go pick him up :roll

I'm not too keen on Ironhide myself. He isn't a terrible figure, but he isn't anything special either. I like his head mold, but hate how it sticks out in his alt-mode. I'm also not a fan of the large electronic "equipment" up top, I think that some design changes could have been made here. I also don't like how his legs "bulk" out as they look too fat. I definitely prefer the alt-mode over the robot mode on this chap.

Archived