Thoughts on Energon Ironhide

BotCollector

well there has only been one episode after all...

I don't really know much about this figure. From what I've seen and heard I hadn't thought he was that good. Maybe I'll look into him more.

Also...is being "kiddie" really that bad. Remember that these toys are meant for kids. Sometimes a really kiddie toy has a lot of charm because of it.

I don't actually own Ironhide, but I've wanted to purchse him on many occasions (but haven't because of a limited budget). My thoughts on the plastic are that it's fine, very suitable for this toy. I like the design of the truck and the colours used. I don't mind where the head is placed in vehicle mode, but I would have prefered that the head could be pushed down to conceal it more than it can be. The red mass on the top of the truck is okay to me too, since it makes Ironhide look like some kind of assault vehicle. Oh yes, Ironhide cannot be compared to Binaltech Smokescreen. Different toy line, different target market.

I like Energon Optimus as well. I like the design of the vehicle mode and the drones look very impressive.

Guest TwinSwords

I like Ironhife. he was my first my enregon figure. his vehicle mode is not all that great but his robot mode looks cool. i like the kind of transformers with the big shoulder pads and the colours match well with each other.

I dig Ironhide.

I feel the exposed robot head in vehicle mode is a given "disapointment." But, I also feel that it's easily overlooked. The robot mode has good poseability, and to me, is very aesthetically pleasing in both modes. Both of his combination forms are really cool too. They're executed very well.

I'm also fond of the color scheme, but that's just me.

I don't like how most of the new Energon toys don't bother to conseal their heads. Energon Ironhide is one of the worst offenders. The toy is very bulky in both modes and the thighs and upper arms are to skinny to match the huge feet and fists. In vehicle mode, he looks like a fisher price car with a gun turret. If you ask me, Armada and Energon are some of the bulkiest, kid oriented, un-articulated piles of crap since the G1 toys after the movie in '86. R.I.D. was ten times better than any series because it was designed soley by Takara. In japan, it was even set to the regular continuity! Hasbro made it be a tangent universe, and as a result, the only regular continuity figures we get are all just crappy neon repaints of Beast Wars and Beast Machines figures. The alternators are the best thing to happen to Transformers since G2's Laser Rod Optimus Prime! :tfmad

I don't like how most of the new Energon toys don't bother to conseal their heads. Energon Ironhide is one of the worst offenders. The toy is very bulky in both modes and the thighs and upper arms are to skinny to match the huge feet and fists. In vehicle mode, he looks like a fisher price car with a gun turret. If you ask me, Armada and Energon are some of the bulkiest, kid oriented, un-articulated piles of crap since the G1 toys after the movie in '86. R.I.D. was ten times better than any series because it was designed soley by Takara. In japan, it was even set to the regular continuity! Hasbro made it be a tangent universe, and as a result, the only regular continuity figures we get are all just crappy neon repaints of Beast Wars and Beast Machines figures. The alternators are the best thing to happen to Transformers since G2's Laser Rod Optimus Prime! :tfmad

Personally, I much prefer the armada/energon toys. RID was alright, yeah it has mad posability but I think they looked silly with door and fenders and stuff just hanging off, not actually part of the body. Same with BW, there were a couple great figures but most of them were kinda just shellformers.

Ironhide was a toy that I was really looking forward to. However, as soon as I saw him at TRU and saw his head in truck-mode I have recused to give him a second thought :tfmad . The same thing happend with Dive-bomb. Having a robot head in plain sight ruins the appeal for me. :puke

Archived