ROTF Crankstart Scout Class Repaint

MISP Steve

Thanks again to GenZhao who has posted some more images of the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen action figure Crankstart ROTF Scout Class that is a repaint of the Dune Runner Scout Class action figure. This guys' got the interesting colors applications on him. Check out the images for looks at his robot and vehicle mode details. Read the Full News Story Here

It is a good mold. I already have it twice though.

Here's the thing about this redeco, it's nice, but looks more lika a Baja racer then a gun truck so if I was to get it, same as Beachcomber, the guns would have to go.

It's funny how sometimes paint can change a figure. example,

Dune Runner, nice army builder wouldn't mind a couple more

Beachcomber, thats a stand alone figure, I'd only get a second to keep MSIB

Crankstart here, makes me actualy wish for an additional 2 more variants so they could be a race team similar to my Parkway Trifecta made up of Cybertron Hot Shot figures :P

I'm really not a fan of repaints, but sometimes when they work, they work :D

Hmm, yeah...I'm getting to the point in my collecting where I'm trying to avoid getting too many repaints. I've gone from hating them, to loving them, and back again. I try to be selective. This guy is filed in the "maybe" category for now. I kinda hate it when they grind a mold into the ground within a short time span. Wait a year or so for Pete's sake!

I passed on Dune Runner, passed on Beachcomber, but this one I might get

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, but to be smaller then 'Thomas the tank engine' (One of the many things I was into before Transformers) is very small, but looks complex.

Hmm, yeah...I'm getting to the point in my collecting where I'm trying to avoid getting too many repaints. I've gone from hating them, to loving them, and back again. I try to be selective. This guy is filed in the "maybe" category for now. I kinda hate it when they grind a mold into the ground within a short time span. Wait a year or so for Pete's sake!

I do agree. I hate that they do it to nearly every figure, but some are repaintable.

I do prefer when they make us wait. A personal TF pet peev is when a repaint is shown befor the initial figure release.

It kinda kills the initial awe.

I waited on the first version of this mold to see if they did a repait. They did Beachcomber, which I got, since I'm a sucker for G1 homages. I've also reached the point in my collecting where I'm trying not to get too many repaints. I don't really see the need. I'm also trying to cut down on the different versions of each character I get, for example all the ROTF Bumblebees.

... why?

That's my opinion on the figure. Dune Runner was awesome, but given the incredible quality of the Scouts, I didn't get him. I got Beachcomber, whom I love, but this one... ehh... is he an homage I don't get? He just doesn't look as good as either of the official decos to me. am I missing something?

Archived