Transformers Animated Japan to Get Sound Blaster?

MISP Steve

No, I never expected an actual Blaster repaint of Soundwave. I just picked up Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet and it kinda made me miss Animated. I really enjoyed the show and the figures. I would settle for a couple repaints if it expanded the character base some. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Rodimus Minor is still going to be released?

Yes.

Also, Soundwaves into Blasters always a bad idea. Outside of having a similar alt and the same chest gimmick, the two figures were very very different and I'd like to see them kept that way.

While I normally agree with that, in the end Animated Soundwave is so different from either Soundwave or Blaster that he resembles Blaster just as much as Soundwave. Personally, I think with a remolded head he'd make a much better Blaster than he did Soundwave. The instrument gimmick fits Blaster better (see the cover to Spotlight:Blaster), the proportions are closer to Blaster's G1 figure, and Blaster's already been a Scion. Something like a Blaster from ML or RotF Soundwave would be ridiculous, but Blaster would actually work in this mold.

I was going to buy the Electrostatic Soundwave for the Ratbat figure alone, but when I realized how lame that figure was I passed. I love the Lazerbeak guitar figure though and I actually bought him, but I've never opened it. I bought an Animated Megatron cybertron plane figure for $11 new and opened it and realized why everyone hated the line. Makes me not even want to open Soundwave now.

I managed to get both Soundwaves cheap, I kept the instruments and put the 2 Soundwaves on the end cap. Never even bothered transforming elctrostatic and both have had 0 intrest.

Ratbat is kinda neat as a novelty, but overall sucks. I won't sell him though cause Jazz is starting a band.

display25083.jpg

Okay... I hate to criticize opinions... but everyone hated Animated? Did things change while I was away?

And admittedly I'm (obviously) a Soundwave fanboy, but Animated Soundwave is easily my favorite Soundwave figure after my G1 (and I suppose Smallest, but he's just a scaled down G1). And I like ES Soundwave more than the original.

But whatevs. Opinions is opinions. I just don't like the idea that you might be missing out on a great toyline because of a shitty toy (Cybertron Megatron IS pretty universally reviled... just saying).

I like some of the animated figures, but what I usually comment on is the feeling of the plastic they are made with. I didn't think that the Cybertron Megatron Voyager? Class figure would feel so.....rubbery plastic. I know they did it because of the target age group. I watched a couple of episodes and it just wasn't for me. I think they are too Toonish to me. I don't hate it, but not enough to want to collect it. I just buy them because I see parts on them I want to use for Customs.

i know one thing for sure the Japanese Transformers Animated line and show maybe completely different from America's but they will still have all the same characters just a different story line, that is so the activator Bb mold :tfgrin

What makes you think the Animated show will be completely different from what was released in the U.S.?

i'm not talking about everything, i'm just talking about the story line and what role each Transformer plays

Archived