Animated Arcee

DTM

Hey guys, today I will be reviewing the oh so elusive Arcee, which is a TRU exclusive and sure to be a nice addition to ebay.

Vehicle Mode-

Arcee comes packaged in her Futuristic Car mode. A nice design I must say, which has a somewhat G1 like representation. That's right people, no bikes...This sleek mode features very little sculpt, but more paint apps that have "detail". The pink isn't as light as G1 Arcee, but it's right between pink and a red. The side exhaust, wings, hood design and part of the back of the car is white, Some silver on the wings and hood, and some yellow on the front that looks like head lights. The cockpit is a translucent blue with a visible seat and some design that looks like a vent system. There is a white autobot symbol on the cockpit which covers those vents from an actual view. Underneath vehicle mode, all you can see is her waist, thighs and the blue piping for her head.

Transformation-

Pretty straight forward, directions are easy to follow. To change her back remember to have the soles of her feet facing up, or else it won't fit snug.

Robot Mode-

Probably the main part of this review is the robot mode. A nice representation of her G1 self, and also the Animated model. Not as mature as the G1 look, but rather a teen/ young adult look. Again, like vehicle mode, there isn't much detail, it's just paint apps. The sculpt that's there is scattered around the arms, torso, and some on her feet. The head is the most sculpted in this mode. An accurate sculpt, that lacks paint to make it superb. The paint is the same color scheme is vehicle mode with blacks on her upper arms, waist, part of her thighs and feet. There is a silver autobot symbol on her chest.

Articulation is pretty simple, ball joint head, shoulders, hips, elbows, and side skirts. Swivel shoulders (another joint part of transformation), forearms, torso, thighs, and feet. Finally hinged knees and ankles. A pretty good level of articulation to get in some good poses. The only restrictions are the arm panels and the back of the legs can get in the way.

Features-

The only "features" are the two translucent swords that can be held or used as dual exhaust pipes. Also removable wings are a "feature" according to the box. If they actually considered that a feature, it isn't a good one, you don't really have to do anything to make them fall off. It only gives a good visual and accuracy in vehicle mode, a nuisance in robot mode.

Quality-

You all know it wa coming soon. Being an aniamted figure, I found out they are lacking in quality plastic. This is my fourth Animated figure and most of them are loose and somewhat KO like, but Arcee is holding up fairly well. Since the head is comprised of mainly clear plastic (the face is hollow, screwed on, with the joint attached to the piping), there are already stress marks right out the box, something to be careful about. Her thumbs have some stress marks from putting in the swords, which I now leave in the slots. That alone, getting the swords in require a little twist, since there is a internal groove for the notches on the sword to lock in. I was wondering why they stuck out so much...

Arcee is overall a good figure, again, it's a great representation of both G1 and Aniamted. I guess this is what started her life as a robot magnet, yeah looking at you Rodimus...If you need an Arcee to go with your Classics/ Universe collection, she's the one to pick, though that's if you can find her...

Archived