a hero's sacrifice part 1

Damn, saberwolf. I CRIED when I read what you wrote about Prime's death. I never imagined the thoughts in Optimus' mind when he made his heroic run into Autobot city. Fellow storyteller, I salute you.....

miracles can happen man but sometimes they must come with a price. the spiret be willing though the flesh be weak so to speak. can anybody guess what fictional boxer i compared prime to?

i got plans for hot rod anybody ever read the children of primus storyline by Phantom will know where im going with hot rod character wise

heres the next part

When he finally returned to the launcher room, the place was in ruins and the launcher wrecked. But someone had moved Wheeljack and Windcharger to the far side of the room and their bodies had escaped any further damage. Sideswipe knelt by Red alert’s torn and broken body, pain finally getting the better of him. He touched the fallen chief of security’s shattered chest plate as if to confirm that this had really happened and he wasn’t just dreaming all of it up.

“I’m sorry Red alert�, he said softly. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you and the others better. I’m sorry I failed. I hope somehow you will be able to forgive me�. Then for the first time in millions of years, Sideswipe bowed his head and wept, not heeding the sounds of battle outside, The arriving shuttle had been the excalibur. Once it had landed Prime had gone off to battle Megatron for the final time, Sunstreaker transformed and sped off in search of his twin. He could almost hear Sideswipe screaming inside his head. After driving around half of Autobot City, heedless of the battles around him, and stopping only to take out any Decepticons who were stupid enough to get in his way, Sunstreaker found his brother in the ruins of the launcher room, kneeling beside the bodies of Wheeljack and Windcharger – and crying.

Sunstreaker ran to him, dropped to his knees beside him, put his arms around him and hugged him tight. After a minute or two, Sideswipe registered that there was someone else in the room with him – someone who wasn’t dead. He raised his head, optics filled with tears he had yet to shed, and looked up into a golden face. Vision blurred by optic fluid, he wondered for a moment if this was what the humans called an angel. Then the tears spilled over and he recognized the face of his brother. “streak, sunstreeker ?� he asked, a bit fearfully, as if the sound of his voice would scare the vision away.

“I’m here�, the yellow mech answered to his relief. “Everything’s going to be alright. I’m here bro�. “Oh Primus! streaker!� Sideswipe clung to his brother as a fresh batch of tears broke free. Sunstreaker held him closer, careful not to aggravate his injuries. “Yeah its me swipe. I’m here now, I’m not leaving you. Who did this?� “Triple-changers. Too late. I… I tried to go after them. Got away. Couldn’t catch them�. Sideswipe began to cry harder and Sunstreaker rocked him gently in his arms. “I… I failed. Wheeljack and Windcharger. I was supposed to protect them. I failed bro… I failed!� “No you didn’t Sideswipe�, Sunstreaker assured him. “Its not your fault. It was a surprise attack. You didn’t know. Nobody knew. Its not your fault�. Sideswipe was about to speak when Sunstreaker held him up and looked him right in the optics. “Its not your fault Sideswipe�. The red mech rested his head on his brother’s shoulder. “Okay�. “Good. Now shut down. Save your energy. I’ve got to get you to a medic�. “Don’t let them take you away again Sunny�. “Nobody’s taking me away Sides. I’m not leaving you�. , Sideswipe finally went into stasis lock. Then the yellow mech lifted his brother in his arms and carried him out.

Flshbck He had seen the shuttle from Cybertron arrive just as dawn broke, and Springer saw fresh determination in the faces of his comrades as the shuttle landed. Optimus was on that shuttle, and everything would be alright now; the greatest leader the Autobots had ever known was in their midst, fighting on their side, and every sapphire optic in the city gleamed with righteous rage as they beat Megatron's army back from their Earth side home. Then Springer had been more or less occupied with Skywarp, "DIE, AUTOBOT SCRAP!" Skywarp loosed a barrage of laser blasts at his opponent, a young neon-green triple changer wearing a mindless grin.

Though a horrific battle was raging on all sides around them, Skywarp felt a chill up his central neural pathway at the mirthless, crazed expression on Springer's face as the Autobot tossed away his spent laser pistol, but he charged ahead anyway. "You first," Springer snarled in his opponent's face, and suddenly the big Decepticon realized that a hot, searing pain was stinging his midsection. Ruby optics inches from sapphire blue ones, the two swayed for a moment more, Skywarp's life-energon spilling over Springer's hand, which held the hilt of his sabre against Skywarp's gut.

"Eat slag, Decepticreep." He then jerked the blade out of Skywarp, and energon dripped from the polished steel sabre to collect in a small puddle as the Autobot reset his battle stance. Disbelief mixing with the pain on his face, Skywarp put a hand to his wound, fingers coming away slick with the viscous, sparkling fluid that sustained his life. "Uhhhnnnhhh," he moaned softly, falling to his knees after what seemed like an eternity hanging in mid-air. Springer pushed him flat on his face with a boot between his wings, cleaning his gleaming blade on the side of Skywarp's helmet before sheathing it and running towards the main conflict raging through Autobot City. "Mm--must---f-find---Mm-Megatron," Skywarp stammered to himself, clutching his belly wound with one hand and somehow fighting his way to his feet. Springer's blow was the final sroke, and Skywarp's battered body could take no more. "'Cracker," he tried to yell to his flight partner, but the sound only came out as a feeble rasp, and he knew that no matter what, within a few cycles, he would be dead. He ran blindly toward the City after Springer, hoping to find his comrades--to die among his fellow Decepticons would be better than out here, like some turbo-rat--Springer's grin still before his bleary optics.

As the triple-changer sped toward Autobot City, he noticed that the laser tracers had stopped arcing over the scarred towers of Metroplex. “What’s the matter lad�, asked Kup as he came up an adjacent stairwell “Are you trying to sca-Optimus!� Kup quickly went to the side of the Autobot leader. He took out a small device from a compartment in his chest. “This is not good at all. "Optimus can you hear me?� Optimus opened his eyes and responded, “Kup, I am very weak and my vision is blurred. he spoke his voice barely a horse rasp of what it once was. "Has Megatron been stopped?� “Yes, Prime,� answered Hot Rod. The Decepticons retreated on Astrotrain.� “How many Autobot casulities?� “18�, replied Kup as he bowed his head. “Including Wheeljack, Ratchet, Ironhide, Prowl, Brawn, and Windcharger.� “I am sorry, Optimus�. Kup then stood up and called Ultra Magnus. “Magnus, we need you.� he yelled over the comm, Ultra Magnus replied, “I was about to search for survivors with Blaster. What’s wrong?� “Optimus has been damaged pretty badly we need you to help us move him into the infirmary.� “Prime? I am on my way, Ultra Magnus shouted into the radio!� Five minutes passed before Ultra Magnus arrived. With the help of Kup and Hot Rod, Prime was placed on Magnus’s trailer and was immediately transported to the infirmary.

guys heres the first half of that scene i posted about prime and crew getting blasters message my cousin mike came up with this scene from the battle of autobot city with blurr and ultra magnus.

Hey guys this is Mike talking I'm 17 and a big transformer fan. My cousion Derek aka Saberwind inspired me to create this scene. Remember when the Decpticons first starting attacking autobot city in the movie and Ultra Magnus started issuing orders for Springer and Arcee to transform Autobot city into battle mode? On the movie they focused on Springer and Arcee transforming the city. Well instead of focusing on them I wanted to focus on Blurr and Ultra Magnus see what they had to go through when the Decpticons first started attacking the city

. if we dont get help soon, Blurr thought to himself, this just might be the end of the war for us forever! thought Blurr to himself as he ran throughout the city hoping in his energon pump that he could find Magnus and get them out of there before the crap hits the fan big time as he rushes throughout the city in a line of light to warn his fellow autobots to evacuate to safer ground. finally finding magnus he ran up to him amidst a hail of enemy fire power. Maybeweshouldevacuatethecitycommander" . Blurr yelled to be heard over the roar of enemy laser blasts."Afterallifwedon'twellgetkilled,doyou hearmekilled. "NO" Yelled Ultra Magnus in response as he grabbed Blurr by the shoulders roughly and shaking him out of his panic like state. "We’re Autobots Blurr, and we must always fight on for the freedom of those who are too weak to stand up and defend themselves from the Decepticons. "We must fight on to protect the beliefs of peace and freedom, justice and honor even if we must give up our lives in the end. we will not stand by and watch the Decepticons inflict destruction and death and misery on this beuatiful planet as they have done to our homeworld of Cybertron" said Magnus with a pulsing blue fire in his eyes, fires of bravery, courage and wisdom. "We must rise up against the Decepticons and what they stand for, we must fight on for the inhabitants of this planet Earth, We must fight on for every Autobot that died for the cause today, Hoist, Trailbreaker, Inferno, Red alert, Skids, Smokescreen,Bluestreak, gears, Huffer, our comrades on the shuttle Brawn, Rachet, Ironhide, and Prowl as well as tracks and Raule" Said Ultra Magnus, who would always remember those last 2 especially as he remembers them the fires in his eyes burns even darker going from blue to a crimson fire even greater then ever before. Blurr has never seen him like this before. "We must fight for the Autobot cause, for Primes beliefs that formed the Autobot cause, we must destroy the fires of evil the Decepticons have inflicted upon Earth and Cybertron. We must defeat the Decepticons once and for all so that peace and freedom can once again belong to those that value life for generations to come. Blurr is totally wide eyed and astonished to the point that his mouth was gaping open. "Are you with me? said Ultra Magnus. Blurr shook himself out of his staring state by shaking his Head. "butbutbutbutbutbutbutbutbut" stuttered Blurr not knowing what to say."Are you with me!?" said Ultra Magnus with his hand outstretched in front of Blurr. Blurr looked at his hand thinking to himself. I'm risking my life, but I've got to quit being afraid of everything. ever since I was created I've been afraid to go out into battle, even when Optimus Prime needed me the most. I know what's right. fight or flee, and i'de rather fight thinks Blurr to himself. "I'm with you Ultra Magnus, all the way" If magnus is gonna die here and now it wont be before he avenges the wroungful deaths of his autobot brethren along the way. Blurr thought to himself as he ran back to his post to give his fellow bots some cover fire.

There was a scramble of activity on the plaza, the rescue crews taking away the dead, dying and wounded to emergency repair stations, and Springer was overjoyed to see Astrotrain taking off into the sun as he transformed at the edge of the square.

"Yeah, alright, we did it!" he exclaimed, but with a sudden start, he realized no one else was enthused at all. In fact, now that he looked closer, everyone's face was haunted, as if they had just seen a ghost. "Hey, 'Magnus!" he grinned, clapping the lieutenant commander on the shoulder as he ran past at full speed like a bull on the charge.

"Looks like we got 'em good this time, huh?" 'Magnus stopped and looked at Springer like he was some creature from Venus with five heads, then shook his own head and hurried past. "No time....." he murmured to himself, going down the road and somehow managed to transform in midstep to vehicle mode which for a transformer of his considerable size weight and vehicle mode was a feat nothing short of incredible to say the least as he touched down on all wheels and continued to charge ahead engine on the verge of redlining.

Springer frowned, wondering what could be wrong. _Here comes Arcee, she'll tell me._he thought to himself "What's going on?" he asked her, blocking her way when she would have followed 'Magnus. "Is someone injured?" Wordlessly, Arcee nodded, trying to push past Springer, but he caught her wrists. "Prime," she whispered, then choked and shoved her way around her bewildered friend.

"Prime?" HotRod was coming down the hall next, nearly at a full run. The young red racer almost knocked Springer over as he flew past, but Springer caught him. "What's wrong with Prime?" he demanded, but HotRod was in no mood to answer questions. "I---can't. Please, Springer, let me go." "Just tell me what the--" "I said, let me go!" HotRod yelled at his friend as he wrenched his way out of Springer's strong grip, stumbling down the hall and into the door of the Repair Bay as the others had, leaving his best friend scared and confused in his wake.

Last to make the trek up the hall was old Kup, the aged Autobot walking like a transformer over-energized--banging into walls, knees and shoulders sagging, but not really seeming to care. When the ancient robot saw Springer, he nearly collapsed into the young one's arms, and Springer began to be afraid. If whatever had happend to Prime was bad enough to bring the toughest soldier he knew to tears, he knew it had to be very, very bad.

"Kup, just talk to me. How bad is he hurt?" Kup raised a tear-slick face to Springer, the trails of lubricant triggered by great emotion contrasting with the way he tried to keep the sobs in check. "It happened so fast," Kup murmured, clinging to his young friend. "It just happened so fast....Megatron...." Springer felt his hand tighten around the hilt of his sabre, his energon running cold. "Megatron....I'll kill that bastard myself, once and for all."

The steel of the sword rang a bright

"Kup, what in Vector Sigma is wrong with you? What did you do that for?" "Just shut up and listen, okay?" Kup couldn't believe he just told one of his closest friends to shut up, but it had the desired effect as Springer opened his mouth, then shut it again. "Megatron's dead. Prime killed him. It's over." Then he shook his head, the tears threatening to start all over again. "But at what a cost...Primus take my spark right now, if I ever once thought that it would actually end this way..." Kup trailed off, gripping Springer in a tight embrace. About the moment that Springer had convinced himself that everyone was totally crazy, HotRod appeared from the doorway of Repair Bay, his face so devoid of emotion it frightened Springer. "Kup, Springer, you'd better come in here."

The two Autobots in the hallway did as they were bade, Kup reassuming the part of stalwart warrior as they crossed the threshold. Springer watched as the old Autobot busied himself with helping to attach a myriad of sensors to Prime's battered frame, but Springer's breath caught in his chest when he looked at that same scarred, scratched hull.

Dents, welts, scratches, burn marks--every blemish known to sentient machines appeared somewhere on Prime, telling in graphic, wordless detail of the battle he and Megatron had fought. However, what made Springer want to gasp in horror was the huge puncture wound in Prime's side, first made by a sword-like metal shard, then widened with a laser blast from a contraband pistol. Circuitry sizzled in the open air, the metal casing warped and twisted beyond repair, Prime's familiar colors burned away to reveal bare, machined metal, and Springer had to quell a sudden, violent wave of nausea.

_You are NOT going to be sick!_ he forcefully told himself, flicking his optics off, then back on again after a second or two. Springer's mind was so full of the horror of Prime's injury that he barely noticed Blurr slip silently into Repair Bay among his other friends, the normally hyper robot taking careful, measured steps toward the group. It was then, while Arcee and 'Magnus filled Blurr in on what had happened, . Blurr, at a loss for words, simply stood looking at Prime. Prime caught sight of Springer and motioned him to come closer with a barely percepticble curl of his fingers. Springer felt himself go numb, and he felt as if it were someone else's legs that carried him to Prime's side, but he stood obediently as Prime gathered his strength to speak.

"Promise me, young Springer...that you will remember what I said....the first time we met. About Elita...and Chassis." Prime had to concentrate to keep from seeing two neon-green triple changers, but he felt it was important to remind Springer of their conversation. With a small gasp, Springer remembered the day when he and Prime sat and talked briefly about their tragic tales of love and loss, and in some small way, helped each other to heal a little more. Chassis' name brought back a flood of memories of the beautiful, blue-black armored femme, and a bittersweet echo of the love that they had shared before she was brutally murdered before his eyes. Optimus had wanted Springer,then a new arrival to Autobot City, to know that he was not alone in his misery, and that unspoken bond had stayed between them in the years that followed. The bond was still there, bringing back the nausea as Springer looked down into his commander's waning optics.

"I will," he choked out, unable to say anything else. "Lemme go!!" A shrill, young voice split the heavy silence like a blade, and Springer turned in time to see HotRod standing in the doorway, trying to bar Daniel Witwicky from the room. He walked over to where Daniel was straining to find a way past HotRod's forcefield generator, then the boy gave up and just let himself be scooped up into the red racer's powerful arms. "I wanna be with Prime," Daniel said, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Springer, tell HotRod to let me go." Springer shook his head, the human child's tears shaking him to his energy core with sadness. "No, Dano, maybe you should just stay with HotRod and me for right now, okay?" Daniel refused to be comforted, and he squirmed to free himself from Springer's gentle, but escape-proof grip.

"NO! Lemme go! Prime's my friend, too!" By this time, Arcee had heard the commotion, and she put a hand on Springer's elbow. "Just let him go, Springer. Prime's always been Daniel's hero. It's alright." Her clear blue optics were filled with sorrow, and Springer's chest plate threatened to burst with tightly packed emotion as Perceptor rushed past them into Repair Bay. Daniel immediately ran up to Prime’s bedside with tears in his eyes.Preceptor was preparing a bed for him just as they arrived. “Carefully place him on the bed�, Preceptor said as he was adjusting some medical equipment.

magnus's trailer suddenly split from the top ramp down and the sides folded out and to the floor as hot rod and kup gently moved prime from the trailer to the examination table. I will begin the examination immediately, said Preceptor as he transformed into his microscope mode. Kup would you please monitor his vitals.� Arcee turned to join the small knot of silent Autobots grouped around Prime, There was a heavy silence in the Repair Bay as the small group of war-weary Autobots gathered around Optimus Prime's battered body.

Their beloved leader lay motionless on the cold examining table as Kup monitored Prime's systems on a viewscreen, The scanners emit bleeps and show oscilloscopic patterns. But the sounds and wave patterns are steadily growing weaker and weaker. Kup looked over a diagnostic monitor, grimacing at the faint signs of life. if only rachet were here, he thought to himself as he turned to look at Optimus, who lays on the operating table if ever there were a surgeon that could pull a bot back through death's door it was rachet he always was the best tool or die man on cybertron. Autobot survivors gathered around him in sorrow as Perceptor scanned his leader slowly, then transformed from his microscope form into robot mode and hung his head.

Springer stayed behind near the door, watching as Daniel ran to Prime's side while perceptor finished examining the battered, broken leader. _Daniel's not the only one who's looked up to Prime,_ he thought bitterly, as HotRod slowly walked to where Prime lay motionless under Perceptor's diagnostic gaze. _What's gonna happen to us if Prime dies? Megatron might be dead, but if I know Starscream, he'll waste no time in coming back and grinding us to a pulp. Or if not Starscream, then Soundwave, or any other Deceptigoon who gets a wild hair up their tailpipes._ Thoughts came randomly into the triple-changers reeling processor, and suddenly the room dipped and tilted before his optics. A discordant scree filled his audiosensors, and a stronger wave of nausea tackled him like a linebacker. Springer put his palms flat on the wall in front of him, bowing his head between his outstretched arms to try and clear the dizziness, and an image of Chass choking her life out in Bludgeon's clutches sprang unbidden into his mind.

_NO! Not now, not again...Too late to stop it, Springer was swept into memory, a glitch in his databanks triggered by his battlestress and grief playing before his unblinking optics. Again he saw Chass, Bludgeon's fingers ripping into the breaks in her helmet, finding the pressure points and causing her body to cramp so violently, she snapped her own exoskeleton in pieces. Again he saw her, lying discarded like a pile of trash, in so much pain she couldn't speak, her crystalline optics begging Springer to end her suffering. Tears slipped down Springer's cheeks as he remembered how he dragged his own laser pistol to the side of her head, so weak from his own wounds he couldn't even pick it up, and pulled the trigger--once, twice, three times--until the radio bond between them was silent.

perceptor finished his examination and he was shaken by what he discovered. The damage that Prime took from the final blasts was even more devastating than what was first thought. Prime’s internal power circuits and wiring were completely burned out causeing his energon pump to fluctuate as it tried to relay the lifeblood through back up lines. He also took note that the servo motor's in primes neuron trunk leading in to Prime’s legs was shot. But, what really shocked Perceptor was the fact that the link from Prime’s spark chamber to his neuro-circuitry was deteriorating. in human terminolagy prime was paralysed from the waist down and was slipping into cardiac arrest due to his kidneys having been destroyed inducing blood poisoning. his heart was straining to delivere the vital oxygen but his blood was too toxic to absorb it causing his brain to die from oxygen starvation There was no time for repairs.

Archived